“Smoke fish way over rated !!”

Ted Peters Famous Smoked Fish
Ranked #21 of 898 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sevierville, Tennessee
“Smoke fish way over rated !!”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Too expensive, and their smoked fish spread is way to strong with a smoked taste. Can't taste the fish because of the excessive smoke. Living on their past reputation.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank James M

Tampa
“I'm a regular”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

They have great cheeseburgers for a basic meal, smoked fish is excellent. The potato salad seems homemade. All the staff a friendly and everyone is happy here. Got a chip on your shoulder? stay away. Attitudes are dealt with appropriately! :-) cash only. The best part is if you bring your own fish, from a day out on the gulf, they will smoke it for you.

Visited October 2012
Key West, FL
“I am a smoked fish nut and Ted's mullet was the best I have had.”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

As we live near Key West, I smoke a lot of fish mostly cero, king, amberjack and dolphin (mahi), but I take my hat off to Ted Peters for their smoked mullet. We had take out only and it had the right balance of oil, spice and smoke. We had it on Friday and had to go back on Sat. My only regret is that I didn't pack a cooler for the mullet for the flight home.

Shady Hills, FL
“Interesting little place on a main Saint Pete Beach drag”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

One day for lunch, while spending a couple days at Pass 'A Grille Beach, we drove a short distance north to Saint Pete Beach to the Ted Peters Famous Smoked Fish; the food was good and I especially liked taking a look at the interesting preparation procedure. We received good service while seated at a wooden table on the patio. I did take a look inside to satisfy my curosit; found the surrounding tasteful, clean and fitting for the beach community. We ordered the smoked mullet; I think next time I will try the salmon, though. The portions of fish, cold slaw and fries were more than we could eat... Actually, one serving would have been enough for the two of us. I hope I have help you with this review.
Take a look at my photos

1 Thank patricia l
Jacksonville, Florida
“Food a miss; fun atmosphere”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Visited on a recent trip to St. Pete based on Food Network show. It was okay, but we don't plan on coming back. Based on the show, we knew they had burgers for the kids. They were average, but that's all they have, no fries, no chips, nothing but the burger unless your kids eat cole slaw or potato salad, and that seems a bit rare. My husband and I split the mahi-mahi dinner. The fish was really dry. I'm not sure if that's the way it should be, but it was like it was grilled for a super long time. I had to eat every bite with something else. I did love the potato salad, different and quite tasty. The atmosphere is quirky and we enjoyed it, although the a/c dripped on our table and the waitress had to climb up and wipe it down. I totally forgot to order the fish spread, so can't say if that's as good as people say, but otherwise, the food was a miss. Very old school -- the waitress added our bill with paper and pencil. They only take cash. I would say try it once, but share an entree in case you don't like it that much.

1 Thank Familytravel1113