“Super Yum! Enjoyed the A/C as well (you *don't* have to eat outside!)”

Ted Peters Famous Smoked Fish
Ranked #41 of 963 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Even though I grew up in St. Petersburg, Florida, I had never been to Ted Peter's! How could that have been?? I guess because my father was something of a fisherman, we had plenty of fish in the house and I never had the need.

Anyway, now that I'm a "grown up," I knew I had to check this place out on a recent August visit. I am SO GLAD I did.

We came prepared -- with cash -- and everyone in our party of six was pleased.

My mother got the whole fish -- I didn't try it, but it looked great and she was very happy. I got the smoked fish spread (FABULOUS!!). Ted's was even able to satisfy my kids and husband (husband has a fish allergy) by serving up good burgers that made them very happy.

The potato salad side was excellent, as was the clam chowder (the waitress kindly gave me a tasting portion so I could try it).

Best part -- there is an air conditioned room so we could get out of the heat to eat. I didn't know that was there! No need to eat outside.

We came here for lunch after a visit to the Florida Orange Groves Winery just down the street, which was also a great stop (see my other review of that establishment). It made for a fun morning--some wine tasting followed by a yummy lunch. These are two of the best stops that can be made in St. Petersburg. Don't miss either -- we will be back to both.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

After a beautiful Labor Day on the beach at Pass-a-Grille we stopped by Ted Peters for smoked salmon. It was just as good as the Mahi-mahi we had a few weeks earlier, the mullet is great too. Bring cash they don't take credit cards. Sides are good too, german potato salad and cole slaw, but the fish is so good it out shines everything else.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

Featured on Diners, Dives, and Drive-Ins, this spot rocks! But bring your greenbacks cause it's CASH ONLY. The fish spread is absolutely to die for. Last time we dined we only had 2 orders of it as our entire meal. This is really worth a stop.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

My wife and I stopped for a quick bite to eat at Ted Peters Famous Smoked Fish. We were not disappointed. We shared a lunch portion of the Mullet (3/4 lbs of fish). The fish taste was very good and has it should taste. We sampled the smoked fish dip and enjoyed it very much.

We enjoyed sitting road side outside. Atmosphere was very casual with good service.

Price: Not sure if the price was a good value as I havent been at many smoked fish dining spots.

The one issue we had was that this place is cash only, not a big issue, but we put everything on a credit cards (especially when traveling).

1  Thank FamilyGuyPBI
Reviewed August 21, 2012

This was my third visit to Ted Peters. The smoked fish is amazing. And addictive. It's just a real treat to eat here. The potato salad is also a must get dish. And yes the smoked fish dip is excellent. It has a sweet taste to it. Extremely original. I saw the owner Mike with a hamburger this visit. I think I'll get that on my next stop. And a place that serves cold draft beer is a real plus. I really love eating at this place.