“Fantastic Smoked Fish & Great Prices!”

Ted Peters Famous Smoked Fish
Ranked #26 of 916 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Oldsmar, Florida
“Fantastic Smoked Fish & Great Prices!”
Reviewed October 15, 2011

The smoked fish sandwich or smoked fish spread at Ted Peters is excellent. The rustic outdoor setting is fun, laid back and very casual atmosphere. A great place to stop for lunch or dinner for good fish sandich. We also like their German Potato Salad. They have a varied beer selection but basically one brand of wine (all in the little bottles). A great place to stop before or after a day at the beach. We even took some of the smoked fish spread home to snack on later!

• Visited September 2011

Pa.
“Smoked Salmon”
Reviewed October 11, 2011

When ever I visit my brother in St. Pete, Ted's is the first place that I stop in. I go right into smokehouse and pick up a couple of lbs. of smoked Salmon and head over to bro's . Boy is it the best.
Before I leave to fly home I also pick up a couple of more lbs. wrapped up real well and take it home with me. I freeze it and then when the long snowy days roll around we'll break out a fillet and it's almost like being there. Excuding the sunshine and beautiful weather. Can't wait to get back.....

• Visited November 2010
2 Thank HappyCamperPa_
Clearwater, Fl
“"The soup N@#$%'s of St Pete"”
Reviewed October 9, 2011

You have to love the fish spread. I stop every time I am close by. It is the best in town by a long shot. They used to provide hot sauce and crackers with your take out order, but those days are gone.
The frustrating part is the servers are the worst. I stood at the counter with five servers standing there and none would take my order. GRRR. This is not the first time. They are consistently rude and arrogant. But, I keep coming back like all the other lemmings. Great Fish spread. Terrible servers.

• Visited October 2011
3 Thank Michael B
Arlington, VA
“A taste of old Florida”
Reviewed September 28, 2011

We make an annual 10 day visit to St. Pete Beach each October. Ted Peter's is a must stop. We used to go once a trip, but last year we went three times. Why not, it's great. Of course the smoked fish is the big draw, as well as the smoke fish spread. I like the smoked mullet best. But they have great hamburgers too. The service is prompt and friendly and I love the atmosphere. Which reminds me of what Florida was like 50 years ago. That is it's charm. If you're in the area give it a try. But remember it's not "dining" it's "eating" and good "eating" at that.

• Visited October 2010
Atlanta, GA
“Huge Portions”
Reviewed September 24, 2011

Whenever I'm in the St. Petersburg area, I have to make a trip to Ted Peters. Granted this is not flashy spot, but they have a stronghold on what they do best...smoke fish. You have your choice of smoked salmon, mullet, mackerel or mahi-mahi. If you order the dinner plate, it's more than enough to share.

They have a ton of selections so it's not the place for you if you're looking to expand your palate. They have a "secret weapon" on their menu which is a must try, the fish spread. I usally get a few quarts of the spead to go. I recommend the german potato salad as a side item as well. The cole slaw is average, but again, I'm going for the fish. As a plus, they make a great burger too.

If you're in the area and want to take in some local flavor, check out Ted Peters, the prices are affordable and it's a great hangout. Just make sure you call to check out their hours.

• Visited September 2011