“Exactly what I was looking for”
Review of Sawgrass Lake Park

Sawgrass Lake Park
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I loved this place, all the reviews said I would see Alligator's and thats exactly what I saw. There were quite a few medium and small alligators spread along the different viewing areas. We also saw many fish, turtles, armadillos and a raccoon. Free to get into and definitely worth the trip!

5  Thank Linzerella99

Reviewed March 31, 2013

There are always aligators to look at as well as a variety of fishes, turtles and other wild life. A beautiful boardwalk as well as a building housing what you may see

1  Thank bugsymob2007
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I have always loved this park. Every time we go we see at least one alligator, soft shell turtles, birds and fish. However, the local kids (they are the one's I have witnessed) have used this park to hang out and litter their convenient store snacks.It has really gotten gross and probably a health concern for the animals. Plus the gun range across the lake ruins the experience completely.

2  Thank Sarah S
Reviewed February 10, 2013

How sad that this nice park has to be so close to a gun shooting range. The noise was very distracting and must have kept the birds away. Though we did see some alligators. CLOSE the Range!

2  Thank Sandyarnie
Reviewed February 2, 2013

This is one of my favorite parks. You definitely want to take a camera. It has mostly boardwalks through a sometimes swampy, mostly wooded area. There is a place where it opens onto a small lake and there is an observation tower there. I have seen aligators every time I have been there. Once I even saw a mothe and 15 6 inch baby alligators. There are always water and shore birds in abundance. I have seen a river otter. They recently did a lot of cleaning and work on the boardwalk and it is really nice right now.

6  Thank Karen F