“Hidden gem for sure!”
Review of Sawgrass Lake Park

Sawgrass Lake Park
Reviewed January 9, 2013

My sister and I visited Sawgrass while I was helping her move to St. Pete from Dalas, and I'll admit it was pretty amazing. I love the boardwalk, cause it makes it easy to see wildlife close up. We saw two baby gators, several soft shelled turtles (One was trying to get me to feed it), and on our way back out we came across a trio of baby raccoons wandering around under the boardwalk and climbing all over the trees just feet away from us. It was really amazing.

1  Thank Stephanie C

Reviewed January 4, 2013

This used to be a very nice trail where you could walk through the wilderness even though you are in the city near an interstate. The lake used to be very nice. Now a shooting range has been built on the other side of the lake and the lake has been drained down. Not worth having anymore, the city should just sell the land to be developed.

3  Thank safetymelSeminole
Reviewed January 4, 2013

My wife and I visited this park after having visited Lake Lettuce two days earlier and Boyd Hill Nature Preserve the day before and all three parks are worth a visit. Either because the weather was warming a little or we were getting better at spotting them, we saw two alligators here where our count had been zero and one at the two previous parks. The trail map shows a connection between the maple trail and the hammocks trail but there is currently a break in the boardwalk between the two sections with warning signs. Another visitor was encouraging us to just cut across, it's not a big separation and the ground was dry during our visit but we elected not to do so. It turns out there is another route off the path along the canal that leads to the hammocks trail and we actually saw our second alligator along the canal path. Again a lovely park and trails with lots of birds to see.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

My wife and I often picnic at this park. They have several tables on low hills that offer a nice view while eating. Often see alligators and many species of birds throughout the park.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

This is a great spot to walk. Nice boardwalk and opportunity to see alligators, birds and Florida flora.