“Best country cookin and large portions”
Review of PoFolks

PoFolks
Ranked #40 of 899 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Located in St. Petersburg, PoFolks has a huge menu that includes seafood, grilled items, sandwiches, salads, appetizers, and dee-serts! We also have over 20 homestyle vegetable choices available everyday!
Fort Myers Beach, Florida
“Best country cookin and large portions”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Great fried chicken ,large serving size, very very reasonable. Overall great experience awsome would go back again and again rated a 5 out 5

1 Thank robert m

Newville, Pennsylvania
“Laid Back Place With Good Food”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We ate here the first night in St. Pete while running around setting up our rental house for a two week vacation. I had their special which was roast turkey which I love, even the green beans were fantastic. The wife had a seafood platter with grilled fish and shrimp which we thought would also be grilled but it was fried. For a quick place to eat the food was good and the service was excellent, although I would have liked a larger portion. The hush puppies are fantastic!

On our first visit the family behind us was a major pain since they kept sending their food back and complaining. The 10th time was evidentially the charm as they finally ate and left. I felt bad for the waitress as they hassled her to no end and left a $1 tip for her effort.

We did end up eating here a couple of times during our visit to the area and never had a bad wait person. The place does get noisy when full so if you are looking for peace and quiet you might want to go elsewhere.

1 Thank OBX717
Saint Petersburg, FL
“Busy Cashiers”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Very pleasant visit. Although at peak hour on a Friday, hostess was friendly and attentive. Server was a young man who didn't stop all the time we were there. He didn't waste a step and always checked the tables and offered his attention when needed. Food was the usual excellent fried chicken and fish and the french fries perfect, everything served hot.
My only negative input on Po' Folks is the cashier station. They usually insist on serving the next customer right away even if it means having them step around the previous customer. On this occasion, I went directly to the (second) cashier but she was busy on the phone, so I went back to the first cashier who was soon finished with that customer, but she seemed to be in such a hurry although no one else was waiting at that point. I always appreciate a cashier being cheerful and at least greeting me before she annonces the total, but this one was probably anxious about the next customer appearing at any minute. I don't think the cashiers should ever feel so pressured that they can't stop to greet a paying customer. Otherwise, the place is very efficient and serves a large number of people without delay.

1 Thank guglielmotti
venice, fl
“Really great comfort food…”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

My wife and I were in the St. Pete area and stopped by the Po’ Folks for lunch. We had the all you can eat fish (Friday special), and the fried chicken. It was AWSOME….Are server was very, very nice, the price was right, and the food was great.

For some good comfort food, I highly recommend this restaurant.

PS I haven’t been to a Po’ Folks in over 25 years, and I’m so glad we stopped by.

1 Thank jdland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great meal, sensible portions, very agreeable prices”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

We went there for dinner while in st. Pete. Most meals come with two sides and bread but the portions are not very big so you do not over eat. The main course (I had blackened catfish) was amazing!!!! The sides leave something to be desired. Red beans and rice are disappointing, do not get them. Overall, good food at excellent prices

1 Thank Lucylu108