“Customer Service”
Review of PoFolks

PoFolks
Ranked #48 of 916 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: American
Description: Located in St. Petersburg, PoFolks has a huge menu that includes seafood, grilled items, sandwiches, salads, appetizers, and dee-serts! We also have over 20 homestyle vegetable choices available everyday!
Bradenton, Florida
“Customer Service”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Today we went to the restaurant to eat lunch as we sometimes do frequently , because my grandson is an All Children's Baby.Beings we live in Bradenton and drive to All Children's regularly, we frequent Po Folks. Today however, very very disappointing. Hostess, nice. Our server Charlie needs to find another line of work. Took forever to even greet us. Offered tea lemonade and coke. My daughter said"I try your lemonade. He came back with PINK lemonade,failed to mention that.So he brought her a sprite instead. She asked about the gizzards, he told her he didn't eat them so he didn't know,so she asked for chicken tenders,he asked "basket or dinner"? She told him dinner. Our food arrived and she received gizzards. She was gonna go ahead and eat them but, I explained that she had asked for chicken tenders. He fixed it but it was a basket. Which she ate anyway. No prebussing.Even after at least 10 times walking by empty handed.Then I asked for a box for mine and my grandsons leftovers which I placed all on 1 plate..Along with a sweet tea and sprite t go. I always stack all dishes (as i too am a server). He took some dishes at this time.I went to restroom which was FILTHY , come on people you just opened at 11am ,we are leaving at noon please , it was nasty.I come out and my daughter says your going to be pissed. I asked why? Then tells me, he brought the drinks and check, and while she's looking at the check grabs the plate of food .So when we go to check out,we spoke to manager about what had happened. Of course she apologises for this and says she will speak to him.I also purchased 2 lollipops.So our bill was NOT compensated at all not even for the food that was thrown away.On the ride home I was in disbelief how Customer service means nothing any more. My restaurant would have fixed this right away,not I'll talk to him. Very disappointed. Will NOT return.I'll go to Popi's in bradenton and just wait. Clean this place up. It's not the same. SAD!!!

• Visited January 2013
3 Thank 070Andrea

St. Petersburg, Florida
“Cheap but good”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We went to eat lunch out on Sunday with our son and found out the place does not open on Sundays. We were driving back when we passed this place and decided to stop there as we had eaten there once and had liked it. It is a stand alone facility in the middle of a large parking lot so parking is never a problem.

Being Sunday, the place was packed and we thought it would take time to be seated. The woman said 15 minutes and it took only 10 which was great.

My son had chicken fingers with french fries and he said they were good. My wife had a 1/2 fried chicken, veggies with cole slaw and said it was very good. I had a pulled pork sandwich with soup and thought it was very good. We all had sodas.

The man who took care of us did an excellent job. Our food came quicker than I expected given that the place was full.

The portions were more than enough to satisfy even my son who is 6'-4". My wife took home one of the pieces she was served.

The bill came to $38.42 including a $7 tip and $2.06 tax which I found very reasonable given the amount and quality of food.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Pawnee7
Atlanta, Georgia
“I hadn't been here in years!”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Most of the Po Folks in the south changed over to Folks which still has country style food but not quite the same as the original. The veggie platter w/ choice of bread was a good value for 5.99 but some of the veggie portions were a bit small. Next time I will double them up & add on another one or two for an additional charge. Cornbread & sweet tea were excellent & the chicken livers got rave reviews as well. This place is great for those looking for some down home cooking at a fair price. I will return!

Visited December 2012
Palm Harbor, Florida
“Nothin' Po' about this place - or the Folks!”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Absolutely delicious food & excellent service! My sister was visiting from California, and we brought her here for lunch.My husband and I had the country fried steak, with green beans, gravy and apples. My sister had grilled chicken with the apples, and mashed potatoes. She'd been wanting hush puppies, and since they had them, she ordered them. They were delicious, and satisfied her craving. She did say that her chicken was a touch dry, but everything else was perfect. At the end of the meal, our waitress brought us Christmas stickers. We were already going to tip her 20% for her quick, efficient and personable manner, but with the stickers, we tipped 25%! We are so lucky to live here, so that we can come here anytime - not just when company is in town!

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Courtenay O
Redington Shores, Florida
“Great Country Cooking”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

We love going to PoFolks to eat. They are the best in country cooking. They have the best fried chicken. It is just like Grandma used to make. All of their sides are delicious as well. Very reasonably priced and a friendly staff. If you love good southern cooking this is for you.

• Visited December 2012