“great food, great service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of PoFolks

PoFolks
Ranked #50 of 885 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Located in St. Petersburg, PoFolks has a huge menu that includes seafood, grilled items, sandwiches, salads, appetizers, and dee-serts! We also have over 20 homestyle vegetable choices available everyday!
Ontario
“great food, great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

The food is great along with the service. The prices are very reasonable & you get plenty to eat. It is a bit crowded & is a family style atmosphere (large open room with wooden tables & chairs) so if you are looking for a quiet cosy place to eat this isn't for you. We'll be back.

• Visited October 2012

Tierra Verde, Florida
“Worth coming back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

We decided to eat here after driving by for a few weeks and seeing people always outside in line to get in. The service, food, and prices are all great. The restaurant is also very clean. I lived in the south for nine years, so I can say I know what good biscuits and chicken tastes like and Po' Folks definitely made the grade. I also had the fried okra and apples and everything was seasoned to perfection. We also got the fried green tomatoes and they were excellent.

The only negative was the white gravy was just so so; but I would add I believe that good gravy is really hard to make for most restaurants outside of Georgia, Tennessee, Mississippi, Alabama, and Kentucky. I will go back again and would recommend this place to anyone who is in the area.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank Kornellius
West Peoria
“Po' Folks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

First time eating there, really enjoyed the food. Great service, nice family restaurant. The fried chicken was outstanding. Their cornbread was amazing.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Jimd709WestPeoria
Columbus, Ohio
“great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

fantastic country food, decor is a little dated and the servers were nice but nothing spectacular, definitely would come back

1 Thank adieax
Brandon, Florida
“Best fried chicken ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012

When I was younger, we had a Po' Folks nearby, but it's been closed for years. I was thrilled to find out there was a Po' Folks in St. Pete (about 45 minutes away from where we live). It's probably been there for years, but we never knew it. We drove there for lunch today and my husband already asked if we can go back next weekend! The fried chicken was as delicious as I remember-- perfect golden crust and done all the way to the bone. The sides tasted like my Granny made them. The only thing different, is they used to serve our sweet tea in mason jars (but, i'm sure those become quite costly to replace). We so wanted the Mississippi Mud Pie, but just didn't have room for it... this time! Service was outstanding. It was so nice to go to a place where everyone was smiling and happy to have customers. Excellent prices, too!

• Visited July 2012