“Enjoyed dinner this time”
Review of Parkshore Grill

Parkshore Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Parkshore Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Contemporary American restaurant focusing on the finest ingredients. Proteins are free range, natural, free of GMOs and antibiotics. Seafood is sustainably caught or farmed. Located on Beach Drive across the street from Straub Park overlooking the Vinoy Yacht Basin.
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Enjoyed dinner this time”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I have been to this place for lunch several times - good food and so nice to sit outside. The portions are small for the price, but the food and service are good. I had a very good pecan crusted tilapia and my husband enjoyed his filet steak. Enjoyable dinner on a nice evening. My only complaint is that our waiter never mentioned any evening specials that I heard another waiter mention to a table after we had ordered.

• Visited June 2013

Tampa, Florida
“People rave about this place but I just don;t get it...”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I've tried it several times and even for a special event wine dinner. The food just seems average but some components seem to shine. If we lived there and ate there far more often, you get the sense you'll have a far better experience - maybe treated to special cocktails, dishes, etc. But for someone who has been 4-5 times, it is ok. The place seems to be more focused on feeding a large mass of people who like to eat at a place to see & be seen.

Visited October 2012
Clearwater, Florida
“Overrated”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

This place was a huge disappointment.

The dinner rolls weren't great, although they were warm.

The waiter kind of bent down to our level and reached passed my friend to point things out on her menu, it felt odd to me, crowded and intrusive. Not just one thing to clarify, but rather many things on the menu.

We were a party of 4 and one person in our group ordered a crab salad and a crab cake appetizer; she told the waiter either is fine to bring as the first course, whatever is easier. The rest of us just ordered entrees. Her crab salad came out fairly quickly, it was gorgeous, and she said it was very good. After a very very long interval of time (maybe 30 minutes) her crab cake came out and we assumed our entrees were coming with it. Nope. We waited another 10 or 15 minutes, my friend with the food in front of her felt embarrassed to eat while we still had nothing and were getting very hungry. Finally the entrees arrived. I had ordered the special, some fish similar to cod. It was undercooked, so it did not flake off as it should. Plus, I worry about eating undercooked meats, I am not a sushi, carpaccio girl whether the worry is valid or not. My meal arrived with an infused oil on the plate, which had been called a salsa verde, not oil. I hate extra oil, I don't understand that trend in cooking at all, and would have 86'd it if I had understood what it was. My husband ordered beef wellington medium rare, it came medium well. The other person in our party ordered fish medium well, and his came medium rare. I don't know if the waiter miswrote, or if the chef misread, or if the chef just decided on his own that the ticket must be confused, because the fish that was ordered is usually served seared to medium rare. It was like the chef decided to cook the meat medium well and the fish medium rare, when the order was for exactly the opposite. Or, it was just badly cooked altogether. We didn't complain because it had taken so long to get our meals. Too many screw ups to ignore or overlook.

The area is very nice, great view outside. If I ate there again I would order something that I would thing is very safe and difficult to screw up, and only if I had a lot of time, and only if the person I was with wanted to eat there. I would never suggest it.

• Visited May 2013
Brandon, Florida
“Great dining in a great venue”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

We were at a conference on downtown St. Pete and happened in to the Parkshore Grill. We were seated outside on a lovely evening. We enjoyed the salmon and the tuna. It was very reasonably priced....great wine selection. The service was friendly and attentive. We will be back!

• Visited May 2013
“Worst meal ever”
Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

Last night I had the worst meal ever. First The bread tasted like papier-mâché I got macaroni and cheese that was completely overcooked. It was mushy and burnt. It looked more like rice than macaroni. Even the tomato and mozzarella was subpar. The balsamic reduction was cloyingly sweet. The way it was served was uncomfortable to eat. I was so hungry this was the only thing I ate. I then get a sirloin steak completely raw in the middle. The steak sauce was equally disgusting. I would have preferred a1 over what they called homemade. My friend almost choked to death last week on an equally raw steak. He was too embarrassed to return the steak. The chef here should be absolutely ashamed of his food. My friend did say his salmon was phenomenal. The manager apologized and comped my meal. He also offered me something else. He should have offered me another meal on them.
I have enjoyed lunch there in the past but anyone can make a burger. It is highly unlikely I will ever return

Visited May 2013