“Nice surprise ”

Lucky Dill
Ranked #283 of 931 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Specialize in New York deli style food - serve breakfast, lunch and dinner - right in the middle of downtown St. Pete
Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I were strolling down Central looking for a good breakfast when we happened by the Lucky Dill. First glance gave us no clue about what to expect. We found excellent food friendly service and great prices.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Let me start with the bad and go up from that. The pancakes look awesome. It's a huge stack, but the flavor just isn't there. Don't order them. Otherwise the coffee is good and hot. The bacon flavorful and crispy and definitely try the cheese grits!

Reviewed December 26, 2013

We ate here twice during our 2 day stay in St. Petersberg. The first day we ate breakfast and it was delicious. Great food, reasonable prices, and good service. The second day half of our group ate breakfast and half ate lunch. The people who ate lunch said the sandwiches were great. The pasta salad was the only thing someone mentioned that was not that great....everything else was awesome. The service was great both days as well as the food!!

Reviewed December 23, 2013

My wife and I wandered in for a late lunch after finding The Pier closed for the winter. We each had a sandwich and split an order of light, tasty, onion rings. Both sandwiches were fresh with generous portions. Sidewalk tables were available, but we sat inside. If I lived in the area, I would be a regular customer!

Reviewed December 14, 2013

Lucky Dill is a deli style sandwich shop located in downtown St Petersburg. The restaurant is open for breakfast and lunch and offers counter service with both upstairs and downstairs dining.

We visited for lunch and enjoyed a Reuben and Cuban sandwich. Portions were very generous and half portions are available for those with smaller appetite. Sandwiches range in price from $4.99 to $11.99. A child's menu is also available.

Lucky Dill is obviously a popular locals hangout. It's about as close to a New York deli as I've experienced; and I highly recommend.