“Too pricey for less than average food”
Review of Lucky Dill

Lucky Dill
Ranked #249 of 899 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Specialize in New York deli style food - serve breakfast, lunch and dinner - right in the middle of downtown St. Pete
Apopka, Florida
“Too pricey for less than average food”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Pro - servers were nice. Con - everything else. We wanted breakfast at 11:05am, told too late. Ordered some sandwiches with bacon, got leftover breakfast bacon that tasted old and cold. Subway offers better bread, selection and value for what you can get here. Also got a veggie wrap for $7 that should be offered for $4. Won't ever go back.

• Visited November 2013

Decatur, Georgia
“Great for lunch”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

We ended up here on a Sunday for lunch, several in our group had brunch from a pretty amazing menu (and a free mimosa!) A pretty traditional deli in many ways, it also recognizes that it is in FL. The staff was really wonderful and gracious, and the food was very good. Definitely a place worth eating at.

• Visited November 2013
“Good Experience”
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

I'm not a big fan of restaurants that make you order at a counter, but we had a good experience. My wife and I were in St. Pete for a concert the night before and came here for breakfast. The food was great, the person that bought our food out was very friendly and helpful, and the prices were reasonable. My wife wasn't impressed with the coffee, but I loved the outdoor seating on the sidewalk.

I would stop in here again of I'm in the area and in need of a quick bite to eat.

St. Petersburg, Florida
“this place has gone down hill!”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

This deli used to be a hot spot in Saint Pete because it had delicious sandwiches great desserts, and an eclectic, friendly staff. Since it's new owners, Lucky Dill's food quality has gone wayyyyy down. The sandwiches are bland and overpriced. The way they charge is odd...they start with a basic sandwich of bread and meat and then you pay for every single topping extra. It also comes out weird...I got a roast beef sandwich here and it was two pieces of bread with ugly gray brown meat in it with my toppings and condiments on the side. If I am going to pay a lot for a sandwich it should at least be made for me! I also got the Italian wedding soup, and it was super oily. They got rid of the cooler with desserts, as well. The new owners renovated the place and did a good job with the outdoor seating, but it seems to me they took the money they used to put in their food and put it into decor. Food has to taste good in order to succeed. Do not go to this place as you will feel cheated from paying so much for bad food.

• Visited July 2013
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Nothing spectacular”
Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

I had the pastrami Reuben and it was good, not great. Too much sauerkraut for me and it tasted as though it had been heated up in a microwave. The pastrami was good.
My wife had the BLT and it had a Tom of bacon on it but was on plain bread.
This is a great location and could be great with better execution.