Tripadvisor

Order Online
Ranked #74 of 1,005 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Waterfront Dining in Downtown Saint Petersburg. Steaks, Seafood, salads, and starters for the whole family! Gluten free, vegetarian & vegan options!
Reviewed November 22, 2019 via mobile

We were in for a wedding and decided to have an early dinner. Loved the outdoor ambiance. Loved that the clients dogs could come also. They even brought water dishes to the table for the pups. It was buy one bottle of wine , get the second free night. Saved us mucho dinero!! Our waitress helped us a nice not priced too high bottle. Service was good, not great. A little on the slow side but dinner was good. Wish the menu was a bit more extensive. Try the fish dip. That gets five stars. Had never heard of that before and was a little reluctant to try, but was really surprised. Overall, a lovely night.

Date of visit: November 2019
FrescosWaterfrontFL, Manager at Fresco's Waterfront Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2019

Hi there- Thank you very much for the review as we always appreciate customer feedback! We apologize for the on the slow side service but we are happy to hear you enjoyed your meal with us. Thanks again!

Write a reviewReviews (800)

Reviewed November 22, 2019

Tried to have lunch here, but could not find any parking due to roadwork blocking access to parking spots. Wound up getting off Looper Bus here for dinner. The waterfront setting is the highlight. We found the service a bit slow and impersonal. Lots of fresh seafood featured on the menu. However, we were up for a non fish meal and chose the chicken piccata special. It was excellent and bumped up our review from average to very good. Cloudy evening so sunset was not memorable, but should be a good sunset dining spot on a typical Florida evening.

Date of visit: October 2019
1  Thank diningexpert1

Hi there- Thank you for the review! We are sorry to hear the service was not up to your standard and this will be addressed with management. As for parking, unfortunately the pier construction is making that pretty difficult so we have partnered with Nickel Ride which is a free service that will pick you up from your parking spot and drop you off right in front of our establishment! Also, we provide validation for Sun Dial garage parking. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed November 15, 2019

Staff were slow to greet us and things went downhill from there. Our waitstaff went from incompetent to surly. Food was meh. I would recommend you pass on this restaurant.

Date of visit: November 2019
FrescosWaterfrontFL, Manager at Fresco's Waterfront Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2019

Hi Jane- Again, we thank you for your feedback on this review site as well. As mentioned on Yelp, we sincerely apologize as that is not the service we expect from our staff and this will be addressed with all. Thank you and we hope you give us another try.

Reviewed November 14, 2019

Dinner on the water with a friend was delicious in a lovely setting. We shared the calamari as a starter; the sweet Thai chili sauce was delightful, the marinara was good too. Our friend ordered a salad with grilled salmon on top. My husband and I shared the blackened grouper with sides of cucumber salad and tater tots. The grouper was cooked perfectly and served with a lemon butter sauce and capers. The tater tots were phenomenal, seriously! The wine list was extensive. The service was excellent. And dinner on the water was a great experience.

Date of visit: November 2019

Hi there! Thank you very much for the awesome feedback and we are so happy to hear you enjoyed your dinner with us!! We would love some additional feedback as to how we could make your next visit a 5 star experience!! Hope to see you in again soon!

Reviewed November 10, 2019

I never write bad rewiews but experence promted it. I went down to this place on a recommended place so I went with my girlfriend we got there and sat they came and asked what we wanted to drink I asked for drink that I didn't know was not on the menu they informed me that was not on the menu I said OK what do you have they went over the menu list and I choose a drink well about 20 mins go by and we had to ask another wait staff member to about our drinks another 5 mins goby and they finally come. We had witnesses the person go to the other tables and serve them fast. After bout 45 mins we finally got to order later when the food did come out i thought was avg but we were hungry. Then when we tried to pay we waited another 30 mins before we asked another person to grab our waiter so we could pay. As a result I left 5%tip and was going to walk out and deal with it later except my girlfriend said something about being the worst service and a person who works with my girlfriend told us that we caused all the trouble and banned us from ever coming back.

Date of visit: October 2019