“Excellent view and food”

Fresco's Waterfront Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Fresco's Waterfront Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #74 of 935 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Waterfront Dining Downtown Saint Petersburg
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Really tasty food, good beers and great location. We recommenf the veggy pasta...if you like garlic that is..and the steak for lunch. Service average but the view makes the rest

Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

We were told we could sit inside on a late Saturday pm or wait for 25 minutes for outdoor table. The bar had seats so we chose to sit there. The bartender didn't give us it the 2 people next to us menus so I leaned over a d grabbed my own. He got drinks for us but went over to talk to some people he knew and play with a dog. When he came back we asked to order and he mumbled something so I asked again and he answered that he had already said yes. I mentioned I was once a bartender and tried to let him know I was over the attitude. We ordered Caesar salads one with shrimp and one with chicken. I got a few shrimp but it was way over priced for portion without much dressing or flavor. My husband asked for extra dressing never got it. Don't bother to eat there and if you drink there if the bartender is ignoring you just give up and go to any place a block away. The Vinoy is great for service if you want a view with yachts.

1  Thank Donna c
Reviewed January 4, 2013

3 of us went for dinner we had the Mahi, Salmon and a vegetable pasta dish. The food was very unimpressive (especially for the price). I had the Mahi, which was supposed to be grilled, it tasted and had the consistency of boiled (not broiled) fish. This place may have a good lunch but dinner is over priced, lackluster service and unappetizing. The only thing this restaurant has going for it is the view and then only in the day time. I would not go back and would not reccomend.

2  Thank safetymelSeminole
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We went to the St Pete Waterfront Bistro- we were in group of 12 people with kids- the kids had to use the rest room and the bathroom door lock was locked due to defect- A staff of the restaurant(older woman- she introduced herself as Steph) started screaming and banging on the lady's bathroom door violently so that the folks inside would unlock the door. There were 4 kids and 3 adults inside and they were horrified by this mad nasty woman going postal over a locked bathroom door- apparently she had to replace the toilet papers and she was mad that the door was locked(a malfunction). She made a mess of the group's new year event and at the end she called it an unfortunate event and apologized. But we should have called the cops- we are afraid she may go insane one day and start taking more violent action towards the customers.

2  Thank PamelaPammer
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Nice location and setting. You would expect the food to be a bit overpriced, so that did not surprise me. The biggest surprise was that it took more than an hour to get our food. On top of that, the food is just average. Not bad, not good, just average. We had a family of six on a Saturday for lunch. Maybe they just had a bad day, as it seemed there were many other frustrated customers.

2  Thank abcdef999