“Great hotel and very clean”

Comfort Inn & Suites Northeast - Gateway
Ranked #14 of 42 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Reviewed June 30, 2010

We stayed 1 night while passing through St. Petersburg and found this hotel via the toll free choice hotel phone service. The hotel was very clean and we didnt see any of the issues listed here in prior reviews. They even opened up the pool for us after the posted closing time so we could enjoy a late night swim. I would not hesitate to stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Clyde R
comfortinn947, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Northeast - Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2011

Thank you so much for your feedback. We truly appreciate our guests' input and responses after their stay. Our goal is to efficiently make guests' stays more comfortable and enjoyable. We feel we can effectively achieve this by listening and actively responding to guest feedback. Thank you again,

Comfort Inn Tropicana Management

There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn & Suites Northeast - Gateway

Reviewed June 1, 2010

This nearly new property was a gem of a find. We were in town to visit family but needed our own space with our children. The hotel was extremely elegantly decorated from the lobby to the breakfast area. Free buffet was wonderful to get our day started. Staff was helpful and attentive. The price couldn't be beat! Will definitley let my local family know to recommend this to others and we will be back next year!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank rome2004
comfortinn947, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Northeast - Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to compliment your stay at our hotel.

Reviewed March 25, 2010

Hotel in good condition. The night auditor was great, but I didnt expect to see someone in jeans and windbreaker greet me at the desk. Alex took our reservation and had a great phone manner. The yound lady who served breakfast and worked the desk <i>didnt smile not once</i>. She didnt even stand to greet us when we came in. In fact she had headphones on every time I needed something that she would take off as if we were interupting whatever she was doing on the computer. The beds were clean but hard. Pillows were great. Breakfast bar was <b>VERY LIMITED</b>, we still left hungry.

My last night I got up about 1am to use the restroom and hit my ankle and tripped on the bed frame. Thankfully I caught myself before falling into the nightstand. I kindly notified the desk that morning and instead of an apology I received a defensive tone asking me why I didnt say something right away. Needless to say, it wasnt that big a deal until it was addressed in such a <b>poor</b> manner. I was simply showing courtesy to prevent someone else, who may not be lucky enough to catch themselves, from getting seriously injured.

Hotel has potential but I have to agree with another post that says <b>POOR SERVICE</b>

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
comfortinn947, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Northeast - Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2010

Thank you for talking the time to tell as about your stay at our hotel. We do appreciate hearing from our customers, as their comments are vital for us to continue improving our accommodations.

I am sorry that you weren’t satisfied with your stay at our hotel. The problems that you mentioned have been brought to the attention of our department. While the lack of service you experienced is unusual and not the standard of our hotel, there is no excuse for a lackadaisical attitude on the part of any of our employees. We are sorry for the inconvenience and annoyance this incident caused.

Thank you again for your comments. We hope that you will give us another chance to serve you better.

Reviewed March 15, 2010

I hate to give a bad review, but one of the critical things for me in lodgings is internet service. I always check to make sure prospective lodgings have good internet connections. This was the worst. It was impossible to use the wireless even though the manager rebooted the server a couple of times. So, he had me call their IT person in Wisconsin, who arranged for them to give me an ethernet cable to use. Even then, the term broadband seemed like a misnomer. It took forever just to find and reserve a hotel room for the night we left. Otherwise, the room was very nice, and the people who worked there were very pleasant.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sablatt
comfortinn947, GM at Comfort Inn & Suites Northeast - Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2010

I am sorry that these unfortunate incidents occurred and sincerely appreciate your continued patronage. Thank you for talking the time to tell as about your stay at our hotel. I certainly agree that your unsatisfactory experience does not represent the level of service we strive to provide.

The problems that you have mentioned have been brought to the attention of our department. We are sorry for the inconvenience and annoyance this incident caused.

Thank you again for your comments. We hope that you will give us another chance to serve you.

Reviewed January 20, 2010

We stayed for 2 nights starting Christmas Eve and enjoyed how the lobby was decorated for the holiday. The beds were roomy queens and so comfortable that I looked at the mattress to see what brand/style they were so I could look for them for my home. The sheets were of a high quality and very soft - something extremely important to me. The bathroom was immaculate, which immediately set me at ease about the cleanliness of the rest of the room.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to compliment your stay at our hotel. We do appreciate hearing from our customers, as their comments are vital for us to continue improving our accommodations.

Reviewed November 12, 2009

Stayed here for just 1 night in November. The hotel wasn't the easiest to find & is located in just a so-so area, quite far from anything for tourists to do which was ok for us as we just wanted a quiet night which is what we got here. Stayed in a Ground Floor King. The hotel was quiet when we checked in at around 4PM on a Wednesday but got busier later on, mainly with business travlellers. There is an office complex to the rear of the hotel & for a while i observed the employees..from the comfort of the hotel's very nice hot-tub. Those poor working people! Oh well, we can't ALL be on around the world trips, can we. The hotel was clean & comfortable but definitely geared more towards the business traveller than the tourist i would say. Good business centre with free internet access.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 1, 2009

I stayed at this hotel for two nights in August 2009. I had a spacious room with a King sized bed. The bed was comfortable and had several pillows to choose from. If you REALLY want to nitpick, the blanket and comforter were a tiny bit worn but it didn't bother me and the sheets were soft. The heat/air conditioner has an individually controlled thermostat though I don't think it ever got as cold as I set it. The TV was a nice 32" flat panel with Verizon Fios cable. The TV has a timer which someone unfortunately set to go off at 6:15 AM! The bathroom was clean with plenty of towels. The shower rod is curved which seemed to keep out a lot of water. A bath mat is provided rolled up alongside of the tub to prevent mildew. There was a closet and a few drawers to store things in but not much storage space. A Bible was hidden in one of the night stand drawers.

Wifi access is provided with a user name and password. It worked great in my room.

The hotel lobby features a large flat panel TV mounted on the wall, several chairs and a staffed front desk.

The breakfast room is off the lobby with several tables and chairs. The continential buffet featured danishes, croissants, English muffns, bread, hard boiled eggs, cereal, milk, coffee, tea and make your own Belgian waffles. It also has a TV.

The hotel was very quiet and I didn't see too many other guests.

I checked out the pool which is 3' and 5' deep. It was unstaffed and towels are provided on site. A large insect was floating in the pool suggesting it hadn't been cleaned very recently. The water was warm and good for swimming.

The hotel is not situated near any tourist attractions and is in a rather industrial area with a gas station across the street and a Bank of America building nearby. It's a good 15-20 minutes to downtown St. Pete but is convenient to the Tampa and St. Pete/Clearwater airports.

The lobby hs many tourist brochures and information including discount coupons.

The hotel was clean and I especially liked that it was smoke free. There wasn't anything to bother my allergies!

I would stay here again if I had a car or access to one. I had a pleasant stay,

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo
comfortinn947, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Northeast - Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to compliment your stay at our hotel. It is very great that you took time to describe all of our services in detail. We assure you that we will definitely pay attention to the services that you have mentioned including pool.