All reviews front desk breakfast room three night stay breakfast bar desk staff beds were comfortable free breakfast short drive yogurt i highly recommend this hotel would definitely stay here again downtown st tropicana field st pete petersburg jacuzzi pillows
Selected filters
Reviewed March 27, 2019

Needed a room last minute in St. Pete. Bad timing on our part - it was Spring Break week and snowbirds were still in town. Found this property and were delighted. Everything was clean, and the staff was super friendly. The beds were comfortable and the room was quiet. The breakfast buffet was good and the lady attending it (I think her name is Amy??) did a great job of keeping everything stocked - warm foods were warm & cold stuff was cold. She was very friendly and we thoroughly enjoyed chatting with her.
Would definitely stay here again.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
JeremyR2205, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Northeast - Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2019

I am so glad we had a room left for you doing this busy season! Thank you for your nice comments and we love hearing our guest say they will definitely stay again. We look forward to your return :)

Reviewed March 12, 2019 via mobile

This was the closest hotel to my clients location so I took a chance. For a budget priced hotel it is not bad. Everywhere you see items that need maintaining like scrapes on walls not painted corners bashed. Dirt or spills on walls. The couch in room has a stain and nobody has cleaned behind or under the bed in months. They put me in a room right up against the elevator but it did not seem to be loud enough to wake me at night. Bathrooms are tiny and this is a suite room. Needs a coat of paint on everything and a deep cleaning hotel wide. I was happy that I did my normal inspection and found it to be bug free. But the mattress is older and not bagged so they have the potential to become infested. It was still comfortable. Sheets were clean as well as the comforters.

Trip type: Traveled on business
JeremyR2205, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Northeast - Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2019

Hello -

Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to hear our location was convenient, the price was right and you got a good nights sleep on a clean bed. Wall corners can be tricky so we have added corner protectors to most edges to help limit any wear and tear. I hope you will come stay with us again in the future so we can improve even further on your stay experience.

Reviewed March 10, 2019 via mobile

We had came in town for a funeral and had originally got a hotel on the beach. We arrived there at 2 am to the worst experience. Checked out and came to this hotel!! Best decision we told them our situation they put us in a very quiet part of the hotel. Made sure our room was clean. We were able to get an excellent nights sleep and turn our weekend around!! We also tried out the Hydrotherapy Massage chairs great idea before our long road trip home!! We will definitely stay again!!

Trip type: Traveled with family

Thanks for this nice review. I am glad you received a great nights sleep in a quiet room at our Comfort Inn. I hope you will come back and stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed March 2, 2019 via mobile

Woke up to bed bugs on the pillow!! Then the manager sent me an apology letter wishing me better luck next time!!!!!! Please see pictures. The hotel looks nice and appears clean so what made it even worse is that I felt comfortable when I laid my head on that pillow. Don’t judge this hotel by its appearance. They hurried me out of there in the morning and did not compensate me for the bugs.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
JeremyR2205, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Northeast - Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2019

Hello -

I am terribly sorry for your experience and that you interpreted my response in any way other than apologetic. I just reviewed my email to you as well as your receipt. What I found was that we fully refunded your account immediately and that I sent a follow up apology email. Towards the end of the email I stated, "We wish you the best in your future travels." I mean that whole heartedly and I want your stay to be exceptional always.

I hope this clears it up. I am sorry for any confusion.

Sincerely -

Reviewed February 15, 2019 via mobile

We had a fantastic stay!!!! The girl at the front desk, Crystal was so friendly and welcoming. She went out of her way to accommodate our special request for a room with a jacuzzi. We loved the warm cookies she offered to us when we checked in as well!! The breakfast attendant was also very friendly chatting with several guests when we came down. The breakfast was great! Everything was clean and cared for. Thank you for a wonderful stay!!

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
JeremyR2205, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Northeast - Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2019

Hi Ashley -

Thank you for being our guest and for these wonderful comments. I will be sure to share these at our upcoming staff meeting. I hope you will come back and stay with us every time you visit Tampa Bay.