All reviews front desk breakfast room three night stay breakfast bar desk staff beds were comfortable free breakfast short drive yogurt i highly recommend this hotel would definitely stay here again downtown st tropicana field st pete petersburg jacuzzi pillows
Selected filters
Reviewed March 2, 2019 via mobile

Woke up to bed bugs on the pillow!! Then the manager sent me an apology letter wishing me better luck next time!!!!!! Please see pictures. The hotel looks nice and appears clean so what made it even worse is that I felt comfortable when I laid my head on that pillow. Don’t judge this hotel by its appearance. They hurried me out of there in the morning and did not compensate me for the bugs.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
JeremyR2205, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Northeast - Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2019

Hello -

I am terribly sorry for your experience and that you interpreted my response in any way other than apologetic. I just reviewed my email to you as well as your receipt. What I found was that we fully refunded your account immediately and that I sent a follow up apology email. Towards the end of the email I stated, "We wish you the best in your future travels." I mean that whole heartedly and I want your stay to be exceptional always.

I hope this clears it up. I am sorry for any confusion.

Sincerely -

Reviewed February 15, 2019 via mobile

We had a fantastic stay!!!! The girl at the front desk, Crystal was so friendly and welcoming. She went out of her way to accommodate our special request for a room with a jacuzzi. We loved the warm cookies she offered to us when we checked in as well!! The breakfast attendant was also very friendly chatting with several guests when we came down. The breakfast was great! Everything was clean and cared for. Thank you for a wonderful stay!!

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
JeremyR2205, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Northeast - Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2019

Hi Ashley -

Thank you for being our guest and for these wonderful comments. I will be sure to share these at our upcoming staff meeting. I hope you will come back and stay with us every time you visit Tampa Bay.

Reviewed January 1, 2019 via mobile

Amazing staff! Very clean well kept rooms & furniture. Love the hydromassage that was def a bonus. What a way to start the new year!
Will def tell others and recommend your hotel to others. Will be back soon.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Hi BobbieJune -

Thx for your review. I hope you have a wonderful new year.

Regards -

Reviewed December 11, 2018

Enjoyed our stay at the Comfort Inn, perfect location that met our business needs. Friendly service and good breakfast every day. We were able to enjoy the pool one day. Pool is on the small side and the metal railing going into the pool needs to be replaced (has a big hold and is rough around the hole so be careful where you place your hands). The room was clean and it was quiet. Overall, good experience

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Dewey419
JeremyR2205, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Northeast - Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2018

Hi Dewey419 -

Thank you for this nice review. I am glad we were the perfect location and that we met all your business needs. I will have maintenance look into the pool hand rail - thanks for the heads up. I hope you are having a successful week and will stay with us again when your travels bring you to Tampa Bay.

Reviewed December 9, 2018 via mobile

This is your basic, decent motel with pretty good bed/ pillows, quiet, and a very nice breakfast buffet. But the staff was unusually helpful and friendly. Amy kept the breakfast bar stocked and clean. But she offered directions, sight - seeing ideas and even printed large - print map directions off her phone for us. Crystal was the afternoon/ evening friendly face and problem - solver. Whether she bagged up fresh cookies for our late night return or found me a bigger cup because I enjoyed so much of the lobby's lemon water, she was always of assistance. The breakfast room was turned into a fine place to play cards, and we got help moving chairs from the shady pool to the sunny side yard. These ladies went above and beyond to make us feel at home and I would come again!

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
JeremyR2205, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Northeast - Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2018

Thank you for this great review! I love hearing that our staff went above and beyond to assist. I am glad you enjoyed our little extras and hope you will continue to book with us when traveling to Tampa Bay.