All reviews front desk three night stay small pool desk staff yogurt i highly recommend this hotel business center next morning business trip bed was comfortable per night tropicana field petersburg pillows hurricane clerk stadium
Reviewed October 8, 2017

Stopped in for one night when passing through the area. Hotel was extremely clean and front desk staff was very attentive. It's not a big hotel, the common areas were small, and there was a small pool that would have been nice for younger kids. The fitness center was very basic with a few machines. Rooms were a comfortable size and had all the necessary amenities. I am not a coffee drinker but there was a Keurig in the room if you enjoy coffee and don't want to have to go out to get a cup.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
comfortinn947, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Northeast - Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2017

Thank you for your nice review and feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. And thank you for mentioning the In-Room Keurig Coffee Maker that is complimentary in all rooms. We look forward to your return.

Sunny Regards -

Reviewed October 7, 2017 via mobile

Staying at this hotel to handle hurricane claims, have been here for a little over a week and have been noticing little bug bites on my neck and arms at night. I looked under the corner of the sheet on the bed tonight and found bed bug droppings, and as I pulled the sheet up to look closer a bed bug jumped up on top of the bed. I called the front desk to let them know and that I needed to be moved immediately. He said he couldn't do anything until Monday. Um no, you are doing something now, these are bed bugs and the hotel has an infestation problem. You'll move me now! And tell the owner and manager about it asap. The front desk guy has NO clue how serious this is. This is a public health problem. I'll have to throw out my clothes, and luggage. I'll be putting in a claim against this hotel for damages.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business

Hi Jodi -

I understand how upsetting it can be to have such an encounter. As you know we immediately apologized and moved your room. We absolutely did not make you wait until Monday. We also sent your clothes to be laundered at the professional cleaners within 2 minutes of you informing the front desk. This is not a cleanliness issue and this is not an epidemic at our hotel but our hotel nor any other hotel for that matter are not immune. We are an award winning hotel and have professional pest control service as well as full time maintenance and staff. I sent an apology email to you directly and in addition to assisting with the clothes we refunded 2 nights worth of revenue. We also presented the option of checking out but you chose to stay at our hotel. I have done all I can to make this right and again am very sorry you had this experience. I hope the rest of your stay improves and wish you the best in your future travels.

Regards -

Reviewed September 10, 2017 via mobile

I was going to be staying at this hotel due to a work event and I was going to be traveling from north Florida. Two days before traveling the work event was cancelled due to Hurricane Irma. I called the hotel to see if I could cancel my reservation or get a credit for a future stay since the event would be rescheduled. They refused! Telling me that I paid in full using a third party booking site and I was out of luck. I explained that I would use them again but this situation was out of my control due to a natural disaster coming to Florida. The woman said to me that they weren't even in the path of the hurricane (interestingly, the hurricane is hitting St. Pete head on). She then says to me that I still had a room reserved. Why would I drive to an area being evacuated and having evacuees coming through? Why would I waste gas to drive to an area where there is a gas shortage? The worst service, compassion and people I have ever experienced in my life! Buyer beware!

Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
comfortinn947, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Northeast - Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2017

Hi Rosina -

I am saddened to see this negative review. As you know your reservation was booked and paid through Priceline. We refunded Priceline. In order for your monies to be deposited in your bank account you needed to contact Priceline. We were extremely lenient with all cancellation policies due to the storm as it affected our guests our staff and our community directly. I hope you and yours all fared well and I wish you the best in your future travels.

Sincerely -

Reviewed July 9, 2017

From Eddie at the front desk when we checked in, to the nice lady working the desk at night (providing me with a toothbrush as I forgot mine), to the equally nice lady keeping a clean and well stocked breakfast bar, we had a great stay! The room was clean and tidy, the hotel nicely kept, and the location perfect for our needs. We will be returning in the near future.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
comfortinn947, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Northeast - Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2017

I am glad to hear we are your Perfect Hotel! Thanks for those nice Kuddos all around :) We look forward to your return.

Sunny Regards -

Reviewed May 15, 2017 via mobile

Hotel staff were very friendly. In particular, the very sweet lady who bakes the cookies. She let me know when was the best time to get them. Rooms were nice and comfortable, but I was a bit disappointed that hotel didn't have a hot tub.

Stayed: April 2017, traveled on business
comfortinn947, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Northeast - Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2017

Hello and Thank You for your review! I am glad you enjoyed the service, your stay and the freshly baked cookies! We do actually have 3 Jacuzzi Hot Tubs and I would be glad to give you a courtesy upgrade to one of these rooms (based on availability) on your next stay. Please contact me, Alex or Vicky directly by dialing 727-563-9100 or StPeteComfortInn@SHMDCorp.com or Jeremy@SHMDCorp.com.

We look forward to your return -