“Great Place and Price!”

Ranked #12 of 42 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Macon
“Great Place and Price!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

We needed a motel on short notice for several days. Although this is peak season for snowbirds, we found a room here at a very good price. All staff were friendly and helpful, especially the woman there in early afternoons. Room very clean, beds nice, wifi fast. Desk staff gave good advice for our questions. Since we have family nearby, we put this at the top of list for return trips.

Stayed March 2014
comfortinn947, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Northeast - Gateway, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to place your rave review!!! It's great to always hear that our staff is friendly and knowledgeable and that we are a "Great Place" at a "Good Price!" I than you for helping us spread the word and we look forward to your return.

Sunny Regards -

Jeremy Robinson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
boston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

Like the fridge in room, free good wifi and small workout area. Small strip mall nearby provides the basics. Good for business or travelers. Not a beach hotel, unless beach hotels are too full or pricey.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
comfortinn947, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Northeast - Gateway, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Hi John -

Thank your taking the time to place such a nice review and for highlighting some of our amenities that you enjoyed while staying with us here at Comfort Inn & Suites NE Gateway! We hope you consider staying with us again when traveling to our area.

Sunny Regards -

Provincetown, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

Annoying. Visited here in November for a 3 night stay. Rented two rooms, one for me and one for my parents. Location is great. Mom loved the dog track nearby. I loved the beaches (20 min away). Hotel was VERY clean. I always check for bedbugs since my best friend is a Manager at a Comfort Inn. I have NEVER seen the headboards that are located against the wall so clean. Not a spot of dust. Not a hint of any type of bug. Not a strand of hair. ZERO. This is where bedbugs love to hide, also in the mattress corners themselves. They were so clean I took a picture to send my buddy. All you do is lift them off the wall to check.
Noise level was quiet. Not a party hotel since it is so small. Staff can certainly know what is ion on at all times.
Now, the annoying part. Staff could have been less "snotty". Front desk staff seemed to be annoyed that we had to ask for new keys. Was not our fault. As stated we stayed for 3 nights. Well, after check out time our keys had been cleared. So I asked for a new key and you would seem as if I asked for something offensive. Come to find out my parents room also needed a new key. Hmm.
Well, the next am, again had to ask for a new key for both rooms. Do they reset after check-in? Never heard of this before.
I did consult my friend and he stated that it was NOT policy to reset keys every day. Why would they reset keys every day? For security reasons? It was a pain!!! After being on the beach and wanting to get in our room, to have to ask for new keys every time?
Other that that the place was great!
That was a small annoyance compared to the other positives. Hence a 5 star!
Especially for the price we paid!
We'll be back soon.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Ron D
comfortinn947, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Northeast - Gateway, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
I am glad you were happy with the value you received for the price paid! I apologize if you felt the staff seemed "snotty" and I assure you I have spoken with all staff and that this is unacceptable. Moreover it definitely is not policy to reset keys everyday as our hotel is very safe and this has never been an issue. We are training a new staff member so it very well could have been an operator error and I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. I am glad you were able to enjoy our VERY CLEAN hotel as well as the location! We look forward to your return and I thank you for your review!

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

Flight got in late and we arrived at the hotel at midnight. You can tell the quality of a hotel when you walk into the lobby. This one was spotless - no smudges on windows, floors were shining, etc. We checked into our very quiet room. Everything was sparkling. After a good night's sleep and a shower with a strong shower head, we enjoyed the breakfast with REAL LARGE FLORIDA ORANGES! Love this property and will stay again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dkm57
comfortinn947, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Northeast - Gateway, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
We look forward to your return! Thank you so much for the wonderful review!! It is really great to hear that the hotel is "SPOTLESS" and that you were able to enjoy a good nights sleep, had strong shower pressure and enjoyed our full hot breakfast. Please help expose this hidden gem to your family and friends! Thank you again so much.

Ocala, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

We have stayed at several at several comfort inn & suites and this one by far is the nicest. We will defiantly be returning. The front staff was very friendly, the rooms are spacious and beds are soft and very comfortable. Breakfast was very good and had lots of thing to choose to eat.

• Stayed October 2013
comfortinn947, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Northeast - Gateway, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
"Nicest Comfort Inn & Suites By Far" I like the sound of that! Thank you!!! We have great ownership that has invested in this property and we are proud to provide a professional, courteous and accommodating staff and atmosphere. We look forward to your return!

Merritt Island, Florida, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

This hotel isn't that old and the staff keep it clean. The marble in the shower is very nice. The comforter on the bed is like brand new. They have 2 types of pillows to chose from, one set of pillows are firm and the other set isn't. A nice choice to have. The a/c unit puts out some cold air which is a major plus for me! The front desk is good to work with and the breakfast selections were the standard for Comfort Inn.

Room Tip: I always pick the 3rd floor at this hotel and the front corner is the best. Usually quiet and right...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
comfortinn947, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Northeast - Gateway, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Hi Jim -

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful review! I too like a cold clean room and I am glad we were able to deliver. You hit the nail on the head regarding the bedding because ALL OF OUR BEDDING IS BRAND NEW! Also the pick your pillow program is new too. We hope you come to visit our hotel again soon.

St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

The hotel is beautiful in itself and the location is absolutley perfect! Close to either beaches or downtown this hotel really offers everything you need and want! My favorite part of my experience here was the customer service. Vicki the front desk agent is the sweetest person you could possibly ever meet! With her knowledge of the area you can guarantee she will steer you in the right direction! I would stay at this hotel again just to experience the customer service Vicki provided!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
comfortinn947, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Northeast - Gateway, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
VICKY IS FANTASTIC! Thank you so much for noticing and taking the time out of your day to share that with the TripAdvisor World!!! We have a great product In our hotel and amenities but I love that our staff goes the extra mile and truly are hospitable. I have already posted this review on the wall and I look forward to sharing this with Vicky when she arrives today at 3pm.

Thank you again for your review. Please LIKE US at Facebook.com/ComfortInnStpete.

We look forward to your return -