“Nice and clean hotel”

Comfort Inn & Suites Northeast - Gateway
Ranked #17 of 43 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

This was a nice and clean hotel. I stopped in at 2a.m. after a long drive from GA and the front desk staff was amazing he understood that l was tired and speeded up the process. The rooms were nice and clean, location was great, and the breakfast was awesome.

• Stayed: September 2013
comfortinn947, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Northeast - Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

I'm glad you enjoyed our "Nice and Clean Hotel!" Our staff works very hard to deliver top notch customer service and it brings me joy to hear that they are doing "Amazing." Also, we just hired a new breakfast attendant "Lupe" and it is wonderful to hear the positive feedback about breakfast. Thank you for taking the time out of your day to share your experience and I will be sure to share this with my staff!

Please keep us in mind for future trips and like us at Facebook.com/ComfortInnStpete

Thanks again -

Reviewed September 7, 2013

We live far north of here, and we came down to go to the dog track and we found this place. Upon check in, no reservation of course, we encountered a very nice young man. We got a nice room, for a nice price, at the last minute. So we got to our room and it is a nice room, king size bed, and the price was definitely right. Enjoying the dog track like we do, we would definitely stay at this Comfort Inn again. An absolutely positive experience!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
comfortinn947, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Northeast - Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Hi Sue -

I'm glad you stumbled across us and enjoyed your stay nice and close here to Derby Lane! Thank you for recognizing some of the nice aspects of your experience including our staff, the price and the rooms themselves. Please ask for me next time you visit us so I can put a face to the name. Thank you again for sharing your kind remarks.

Jeremy S. Robinson

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Clean rooms and very good breakfast Very large selection of foods. I was not too happy with the bathroom as it was very small, and was given a ragged towel, but overall great place.Had tickets to the ballgame and was celebrating an anniversary. Front desk at check in and also at check out was most exceptional.Staff very accomodating with simple request, and found in room refridgerator kept our food cold. Will use again when in the area,and reccomend to friends. Price was great and no hassles at all.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
comfortinn947, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Northeast - Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Hello! I really appreciate you telling the TripAdvisor world about our "Clean Rooms" and that we had a "Very Good Breakfast!" We do have a full size tub and shower along with the space saver shower curtain rod but you are right the bathroom is not made for a group of people to occupy. Also I apologize for the towel, although I am sure it was clean I hope you requested a new towel as they are bountiful and we are in the process of eliminating those few troubled towels. Overall though it sounds like you had a great stay for your Baseball game and dinner and I am pleased to hear that our staff was "Exceptional and Very Accommodating!" Thank you for your review and we look forward to your return. You can tell your friends about us by Liking us at Facebook.com/ComfortInnStPete or at Twitter.com/StPeteComfort.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

This was my first time at this property and it won't be the last. I choose this hotel based on a combination of price and it's TripAdvisor rating and wasn't disappointed. I spent Labor Day weekend here. The good things started at check-in when I was given a complimentary upgrade to a King Suite. There was hardly anyone else on the third floor so it was very quiet even though I was close to the elevator. You could just about see your reflection in the tile in the public areas.

Two things I always look for are water pressure in the shower (pretty good) and the air conditioning (excellent). The mini-fridge kept things exceptionally cold. Very nice flat-screen TV.

The hot breakfast was good with plenty of choices from cereal to waffles to ultra-hard scrambled eggs and sausage patties.

There was no ice machine on the third floor despite a wall sign pointing to one end of the floor and the room didn't have a complimentary bottle of hair conditioner. This was apparently due to a transition in brands but the weekend desk clerk was clueless about the existence of the old supply in the office behind his station and gave a snipe-hunt story about guests preferring hand lotion over conditioner. The bathrooms are tiny, one person at a time.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to contribute to our "Great Rating" her on TripAdvisor! Comfort Inn does not require conditioner but sounds like out front desk agent was able to get their hands on a back room supply to accommodate your request. Regarding Ice we do have those machines on the first and second floor but only soda on the 3rd floor. However, I am glad you enjoyed the impromptu complimentary upgrade to a king suite and were able to relax on our quiet third floor!

Please take the time to LIKE US at Facebook.com/ComfortInnStPete

Regards -

Reviewed August 26, 2013

The room was nice and clean. The continental breakfast was good and had a variety of things to choose from. The ac unit worked great. The employees were super nice and helpful. Over all a good hotel to stay at.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Kaitlyn F
comfortinn947, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Northeast - Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Hi Kaitlyn-

Thank you for taking time out of your day to share your great experience with the TripAdvisor World. I am glad you enjoyed the many options on our full hot breakfast buffet. Most people rave about the Belgian waffles, scrambled eggs and sausage along with the convenience of yogurt and fruit ;) I am glad the staff was friendly and everything was clean and working condition! Please like us at Facebook.com/ComfortInnStPete and we hope you stay with us again soon!

Reviewed August 16, 2013

There were a lot of great things about this hotel but one disappointing interaction with a staff member spoiled the experience.

I was actually very happy with this hotel at first. The female staff member who checked me in was delightful – friendly, helpful and just a pleasure to deal with. My room was extremely clean and very comfortable and the hotel was conveniently located. I can’t think of anything that I would have changed.

However, the next morning it was as if I woke up in a completely different hotel. After an event the night before that went very late, I slept later than I had intended. It was close to 11:00 and not being certain of the checkout time, I called the front desk to ask. Finding that checkout was at 11:00, I explained that I was not quite ready and asked for a later checkout of noon.

Instead of being accommodated, I was told in the rudest, almost shaming tone I have ever heard from a hotel staff member that they did not do late checkouts. I then got a lecture about always knowing the checkout time of a hotel and I was told that I needed to leave the room immediately. He treated me like more of a freeloader than a guest.

I then apologized about my confusion with the checkout time and explained that I was neither dressed nor packed up. I was then told that I could take a few minutes but that I needed to leave as soon as possible. Which I did - leaving a couple of items behind in my haste, unfortunately.

I understand that no hotel is obligated to accommodate a late checkout request and that despite the apparent emptiness of the hotel the night before that there might have been a good reason that a late checkout could not be given that day. But the nasty way that it was handled was just unacceptable. It’s a shame that a lovely hotel like this one has such inflexible policies and such a rude desk clerk who feels that it is appropriate to shame and embarrass a guest who has a pretty common request.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank JennAgain68
comfortinn947, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Northeast - Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Thank you for your comments and I apologize for the inappropriate tone that you say you received. I assure you that is not tolerated and definitely sounds like a different hotel. However, I did speak with my staff in regards to this issue as we pride ourselves in customer satisfaction. Moreover, checkout time is 11am but we try to accommodate all that we can and Noon is generally the norm but if we had a sold out house the next day or not you should not have to feel that way and for that I apologize.

Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

I stay at this string of hotels often due to a discount I get. This by far is the best. Very nice staff. Very clean rooms. Very close to good food and a short 25 min drive to the beach. I dealt with all three shifts at the front desk and they were great. I will return when in the area. Only one flaw is I like a larger breakfast selection. Other comforts seem to have more options.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Nesy76
comfortinn947, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Northeast - Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Thank you for your nice review and we look forward to having you back! We are a top ranked hotel! Our hotel is ranked 3rd in the State and is in the top 13% in the Nation and we are on the rise!!!! As you know our breakfast does consist of Belgian Waffles, Scrambled Eggs, Sausage Patties, Fresh Fruit, Yogurt, Cereal, Coffee an assortment of Juices and Muffins and this is all included in your rate!