“Rude and false advertisers!”

Comfort Inn & Suites Northeast - Gateway
Ranked #12 of 42 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Lexington, Kentucky
“Rude and false advertisers!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2012

With so many other quality lodging options in the area, pick somewhere else. Upon arrival I went out side to check out hot tub, the same hot tub that was advertised on their website and flashing sign outside. I stuck my toe in the hot tub and it was FREEZING! I went in to ask the man at the front desk if it was broke or if it would be turned on later. He notified me they didn't have a hot tub any longer and wanted to know where I saw that they had one. That was very surprising to me since I just saw the hot tub and they have it on a flashing sign outside the hotel. He let me know it's now a kiddy pool. What a joke. The shower was awful. Low pressure and it made a high pitched squealing sound the entire time. The towels were thin and rough. Found hairs in the jacuzzi tub and in the "clean" towels. Like I said, with so many other good options in the area, do yourself a favor and skip this one.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank C_Ky_Traveller_

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2012

My co-worker & I led a trip to St. Pete with HS students and stayed at the Comfort Inn & Suites during our visit. The front desk staff was courteous and accommodating of our group and gave us rooms that were close together. We were all impressed with how clean the hotel was and the spacious rooms. Our group was impressed from the moment we walked into the lobby- well lit, comfortable chairs, & TV. The showers were incredible and the beds were super comfortable. I usually don't sleep well at hotels, but I slept soundly all of the nights we stayed. The breakfast was nice- eggs, waffles, cereal, juice, sausage, pastries, bread, yogurt, oatmeal, coffee, fruit. Perfect for the needs of our group! It was unseasonably cool during our visit, so we sadly weren't able to use the outdoor pool or hot tub. There is also a small exercise room, computer room, & laundry room (on each floor) for guests to use. My only "complaint" is that the walls were thin. The hotel is a little distance from downtown, but is conveniently located to main streets and the highway (but not too close that you can hear traffic). Our group enjoyed our visit & I would considered staying there again! Excellent hotel & excellent value! Thank you!!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2011

We stayed for two nights this past week. The first night was with a reservation. Bad weather and a late day convinced us to stay in St Pete another night. No reservation? No problem! Alex took care of us and asked if we wanted the same room we had the previous night.

The rates were reasonable and the property and rooms were very clean. I will continue to stay here in the future.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Lafayette, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2011

My wife and I stayed there because we had an all day class and didn't want to drive down from Orlando first thing in the morning. The room with the king bed had a couch and coffee table and very comfortable and clean bed for less than $100. Great deal.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Manteno, IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2011

Actually had some free nights so I picked this hotel as it seemed new. It is not 4 star hotel, but it is rather new and very clean. Can not complain since I did not pay, but would definitely stay here again if looking for an inexpensive hotel. The only problem is the pool if you are looking for sun. Where is it situated it really never gets much sun and what it gets is gone by mid afternoon. Also agree those bedspreads made me a bit nervous as far as cleanliness.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Lakeland, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

Stayed for two nights and found everything to be satisfactory. Room was clean except the bedspreads needed to be washed. Will defintely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Lunenburg, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

Stayed this hotel on my trip around Florida East Coast to Key West back up West Coast. On roadt trips get all the coupon books at visitor centres hotels will honour them after you ask if there are any rooms available!!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family