“Excellent food and drinks with a great view!”
Review of Sloppy Pelican - CLOSED

Sloppy Pelican
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night
Reviewed June 12, 2014

The food and drinks were fantastic. We have been there several times and have enjoyed a variety of menu items. Try the Rum Runners!!!

we have had the shrimp, burgers and nachos and it was all very good at a very good price. Don't let the rough appearance fool you, it is a good spot!

Reviewed June 11, 2014

The outside of the restaurant had a smell like trash or fish. And not just what you'd expect from being on the beach.

We had 5 dollar rum runners that were so-so.

STAY AWAY FROM THE CRAB PRETZEL. My boyfriend and I have been joking about that thing since vacation. Its like a stoner's bad idea on a Saturday night.
Ordered Grouper nuggets that were undercooked. Everything was sticky. Poor service.

We ended up leaving and getting dinner elsewhere

Reviewed June 9, 2014

Good entertainment but this place has been shut down several times by the health department. I have had a couple drinks here but the food is scary

Reviewed June 3, 2014

Stopped in twice. Once for Happy hour with appetizer's and once for all you can eat crab legs. Both times the service was excellent and friendly and the value was very good. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who wants to eat in the area.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

I definitely do not recommend this place. Unfortunately, my fiance and I were starving, we had not eaten since breakfast & had been active all day in the sun--i.e. we were hungry. We were extremely disappointed with the customer service. We rarely saw our waitress, it was a pain for her to give us refills (sweet tea & water). Oh and on the 3rd sweet tea refill they were out of tea.

We get an appetizer, fried pickles were actually very good. --wish we would've known about the dirty dining previously to eating them.

My husband ordered boneless parm wings and a side of french fries and I ordered a chicken salad. The french fries tasted rubbery. Neither one of us could eat our meals. I had a photo of our food proving we weren't able to eat our food but not sure where/how to post it.

We actually mentioned it the waitress, which she just shrugged. We stood to wait for our check, this took awhile. It was raining and they were unable to take CC at the time. Which I have been in retail for 10 years, there are other ways to take payment...even CC, I know it's a little old fashioned but it works!

And to top things off---I'm pretty sure I experienced food poisoning. Let me just say not too long after eating here I no longer had it in my system---that is me being graceful about it.

Needless to say we will not be back, probably ever. My husband and I just got married on Sunset Beach (Treasure Island) May 28th...so we do plan on visiting this area again. We have already told everyone we ran into about our experience.