“Unbelievable!!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 24, 2014

What's not to like? My husband and I were in St. Pete Beach for his birthday. We decided to check out the Pass- A- Grille area and found Gennaro's. Small, independently owned, mom and pop type Italian restaurant!!! Loved it!!! I cannot express how good the food is, we went back the next day for pizza!! The prices were more reasonable than what you would find at the big chain Italian restaurants and those restaurants are not half as good as Gennaro's!!! We have another trip to St. Pete planned for next weekend, guess where we will be eating!!!!!!!

Reviewed July 22, 2014

I ordered a pizza because I wasn't sure and OMG was it out of this world delicious. I promise to order real Italian food. The owner is from NY and I know the food will be perfectly made. Very clean also.

Reviewed July 17, 2014

This place has a great atmosphere with a very friendly staff. We enjoyed a wonderful pizza pilled high with toppings and a delicious order of lasagna. The dress is casual, although some people were a little more dressed up. Its was a little pricey but all in all a good place to have dinner or carry out a pizza and eat it on the beach!

Reviewed July 9, 2014

Great pizza within walking distance of our Inn. NOT open on Mondays unfortunately. However open 6 days and nights a week.
Enjoyed it immensely.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

Good: Easily one of the top 3 pizzas I've ever eaten. See my reviews, I'm a tough critic ;) We happened to be in Pass-A-Grille and stopped in our way back to St. Pete Beach. It was one of the best decisions we made on our trip! We ordered the white pizza. The pizza crust is balanced, soft, and a bit salty, which I really like. This isn't Papa John's, it's legit. The ingredients were all quality.

Let me get to the best part - THE DESSERTS! We got a cannoli and that mammoth chocolate cake. The cake, particularly, looks run of the mill. It's not. It's rich and worth every. single. calorie. The cannoli was really great, too. Upon looking at it, I missed the chocolate chips. However, upon eating it, the filling was just the perfect amount of sweet. I'm not kidding in saying they were some of the best desserts I've ever had, too! Kudos to the chef at Gennaro's. You've got some winning recipes and put care, attention and love into that food. It really shows.

We took our pizza, walked to the beach and watched the sunset. It was simply perfect!

Bad: I wish we would have ordered the large because we devoured everything but two pieces. We were expecting to have enough pizza for the next day.

Ugly: Getting into the parking lot is a bit dangerous, as the folks at the Quickie Mart make parking spaces out of free space. It's not the restaurant's fault, but just be careful getting in and out of the lot.