“Weird waitress, very good food”
Review of Agave Restaurant

Agave Restaurant
Ranked #71 of 146 Restaurants in St. Pete Beach
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night
Orlando, Florida
“Weird waitress, very good food”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

The food here was very good. Typical Mexican offerings, but some with a little twist. The tables were crammed into the restaturant, and it was very busy because everyone on the beach recommends it. The weird thing about our visit was our waitress. She was a character, and at first was entertaining. When we had questions about the menu that involved any changes, she said things like the chef would fire her if she asked him to do that, etc. Funny at first, but then she really kept trying to get us to order certain things, and trying to convince us that something tasted best a certain way, even if someone really didn't like a certain ingredient. In the end, for my request (which had a REALLY minor change), she brought out something else to me. When I told her it was the wrong item, she said that she thought I'd like this better! Just a weird experience overall. She also mixed up some other orders, and she was slow returning to help with anything. There are a few tables outside, but they are right on the busy highway. I only gave it a "very good" because everyone enjoyed the taste of their meals.

• Visited August 2013

atlanta
“Good food but very loud.”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

My family and I really enjoyed the food but it was very hard to hear eachother. Lots of people are seated in a very small space but otherwise, it was an enjoyable experience. Great tequila choices for sure!

“Enjoyed”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Have passed this restaurant many times and always forget to stop...... but I finally remembered!! Happy that I did. Completely enjoyed the meal of grilled snapper with mango salsa. The rice was a little weird and not very creative but it didnt detract from the excellent snapper. Service was friendly and attentive. Enjoyed it very much. I'll be back for sure

Burton, Ohio
“Bad”
Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

The price was so high and the food was awful . They charge for chips and salsa with your meal . They charge extra for beans and rice for your meals . We ate and it was 70 dollars for 3 . Stay away

1 Thank harleyman1967
Las Vegas, Nevada
“The Real Deal!”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

If you are expecting Mexican food like you find in Applebee's then you will be disappointed because this is the real deal with over 150 types of tequilas to back up the diversified Mexican menu. I stop every time I'm in the St. Pete area. Simply amazing with a rustic ambiance.