“Great place”

Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 13, 2012

I am always in St. Pete with my family, this is the best venue for a family dinner! And the food is fantastic!

Reviewed July 1, 2012

I have been visiting St. Pete regularly since 2007, and although I have eaten in other restaurants on St Pete Beach this was my first time at this tucked-away treasure. It's a little hard to find, just south of the Publix and a bit hidden by landscaping. But it made for a very special belated birthday celebration for my son! He had never had the hibachi experience and just loved watching the show and tasting the grouper and steak. Service in general was competent but a bit lukewarm, however Dee, our hibachi chef (not sure of name, but new to Blue Fugu from Orlando) thoroughly entertained us with just the right amount of 'spiel' while he cast his spell with knives and such. Very fun experience; would be five stars but I agree with other reviews, the food, while tasty, could have been a bit more flavorful.

Reviewed May 3, 2012

food wasnt very good service was good food just didnt taste v ery good

Reviewed April 25, 2012

After eating in some of the best Japanese Sushi restaurants in NYC, my review might be a little biased. However, I spend way more in New York and have way way better food. It was ok. The service was very nice but honestly, not that great.

Reviewed April 20, 2012

My wife and I ate here April of 2011, and just ate again here last week. She loves these kind-of restaurants. I like the food and the atmosphere, just not as much as she does.

We have eaten at several of these over the years, and this really is the best one. The food is excellent. We have had "Rolly" (not sure on spelling) cook for us the last two times, and he is cool.