“Meh”

Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 25, 2012

After eating in some of the best Japanese Sushi restaurants in NYC, my review might be a little biased. However, I spend way more in New York and have way way better food. It was ok. The service was very nice but honestly, not that great.

Reviewed April 20, 2012

My wife and I ate here April of 2011, and just ate again here last week. She loves these kind-of restaurants. I like the food and the atmosphere, just not as much as she does.

We have eaten at several of these over the years, and this really is the best one. The food is excellent. We have had "Rolly" (not sure on spelling) cook for us the last two times, and he is cool.

Reviewed April 11, 2012

We have been to this same type restaurant in Michigan & loved it in Florida just as much. The location is a little strange... upstairs in the Publix strip mall complex. But once inside it is a really gorgeous restaurant. I recommend making a reservation; there is only 4 tepanyaki grilling tables so they don't have seating for very many people at once. We had spring rolls first which were delicious washed down with a Sapparo of course! I'm not really a beer lover but the Sapparo Light is just the perfect compliment to the meal! Our chef was awesome but a little hard to understand at times, especially for the kids. I told my daughter just to smile & nod her head! The kids had fun trying to eat with chopsticks. My husband had the grouper, I had chicken & shrimp, kids had chicken, everyone LOVED their meal. Our bill was slightly over $100, but if we can take our kids out to eat & they enjoy (and eat!) the meal, it's well worth it!

1  Thank mmr1979
Reviewed April 1, 2012

My wife and I have been searching for a good place for sushi for a whil. Blue Fugu is amazing! Everything is very fresh, presented very well, and service was outstanding.

Reviewed March 31, 2012

Great food, located towards back of plaza, no sign in the back.