“GREAT END IF A HOT DAY”

Cuisines: Fast Food
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

Wanted to drive around St Pete Beach to see what was around. Can't miss this place. Lots of ice cream places up and down the street but how can you miss this place. Their soft serve, which comes in many flavors, is great. Bring the kids, they'll love it!!

Reviewed July 26, 2014

The location is convenient, but the prices are a bit high for my taste. You kind of have to go at least once, just because of the ice cream-shaped building. The two times I've gone, the service has been good and very attentive and they are very friendly. I have just stuck with basics...a hot fudge sundae the first time and a root beer float the second time. You almost can't go wrong with any ice cream, especially with the heat, but it was ok. I'm not an ice cream connoisseur, so it all tastes relatively good to me.

My only problem are the prices. I would like to try a variety of things, but I can't see spending $6-7 on ice cream for one person (when you get a special sundae or some ice cream with candy mixed in). I guess the prices are average for the area (unless you go right across the street to McDonald's).

Overall, I've had good experiences and would go back.

Reviewed July 25, 2014

We enjoyed the cute ice cream cone shop but the prices were pretty high. The staff was very alert and quick to get our orders out on a busy night. They were even friendly as well. But the cost of the food was typical of businesses taking advantage of the tourists. Overall: Good ice cream, good service, high prices.

Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

This was a completely average ice cream stop when we expected more of the 66 flavors! Stick to the originals, but even then don't expect anything great! Good service, but that's about it.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

They serve the best soft serve ice cream in the area. You have a choice of so many flavors, that I have to try a different one each time I visit.

Been to Twistee Treat? Share your experiences!