6,014 results
All reviewspaddle boatsflying bridgejacaranda buildingbeefpizza hutpirate showthe palm courtgiant slidebeach slidethe trade windsadult poolkids activitieskids clubfront rowmini golfbedroom suitemain pool
Reviewed January 21, 2011

This was our third visit/stay and was even better than before. Great food, great beach, super friendly staff, and excellent roomt

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 21, 2011

We stayed at the Island Grand resort at the start of January. I was attending a conference there but had some leisure time there too. The hotel has everything you could need for a short, relaxing stay, a good range of places to eat, coffee bar, pools, beach, hotel transport so you can explore the area etc etc. With no exception every member of staff we came into contact with during our week stay was very friendly and really helpful and that really made our stay enjoyable.
Our room was one that had been redecorated in the Jacoranda building with a tropical view and it was very clean and spacious.
Overall I would recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a laid back, relaxing break and a bit of winter sun!

Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 20, 2011

My husband and I traveled here for a weekend getaway and had a nice time at this resort. It was busy with lots of families and Christmas work parties when we stayed there - and NO parking! - but overall, a nice place. Our room was terrible.. on the corner, with two sides of the walls open (on a corner), so lets just say the 12am crowd was LOUD.. They did have a cute hammock on the beach that was fun, but overall the resort is definitely a four star property/quality. If your going with your spouse, I'd stay at the Don Cesar, not this hotel. OR Grand Hyatt in Tampa as its much nicer! (And where we should've gone like we did the last 3 years!)

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 19, 2011

I have stayed at the TradeWinds Island Grande twice now, both to attend a conference. This past visit, I brought my husband along.

This is a beautiful resort - I strongly suggest a gulf-view, balcony room. The view was gorgeous. Steps away to the beach. The hotel and grounds are spotless.

I ate the best Italian food I've had in YEARS at the lobby restaurant - Palm Court. There are plenty of options to eat at the resort - we never left the resort during the 5 days, and didn't get bored with the food.

On both stays, the service was impressive. Servers, bartenders, hospitality services, etc were friendly and helpful. You absolutely must check out Karaoke Night with Kevin and Frank.

We are going again next year!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 18, 2011

Overall, I was happy with our experience at the Island Grand. Our room was bigger than I thought, the kitchenette/sitting area came in handy when travelling with our one year old. Housekeeping kept it very clean. There were two t.v's, one in the bedroom and one in the sitting room; the one in the sitting room's volume was broken and sounded fuzzy (a minor detail but it really bugged my partner). The staff overall was very friendly and helpful. The location was central, convenient for doing excursions to other places. The resort was pretty quiet, except for a convention, and it felt like we had the place to ourselves which was nice and relaxing. I really liked the pair of swans swimming in the canal, and paddleboating was fun!
We're used to taking transit at home, we took the trolley to Pass-a-Grille one day, and walked up and down Gulf Boulevard and ate at restaurants. We rented a car for one day and went to Lowry Park Zoo in Tampa which was awesome. We also took a taxi to Tyrone Mall to do some shopping.
The weather was a little chilly, definitely not lay on the beach weather, but I was expecting that from forecasts and other reviews. We were still happy because it's -35 C where we live!
The only negative we found was the $25 resort fee and little charges; I was expecting this fee from reading reviews so it was no surprise, but when I examined on their brochure what this included, I really think that most of the services should be included in a standard hotel stay. No one likes the feeling of charges when you leave a hotel so they should just include it in the price. I would recommend checking your charges the day before you leave (as when you're checking out you won't have time to haggle over charges). I did this and found they double charged me by accident and took a while to sort it out.
I would still recommend this hotel for people with young children or pets for that matter; very family friendly, and lots to do in and around the resort.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family