Booked an abbreviated week at the Tradewinds on the recommendation of a friend. reputation as a kid friendly resort with a lot of activities. check-in was less than smooth. waited over 30 minutes for bags and eventually had to go down and get them myself. rooms are dated but clean. sliding door in room was bent and took my entire body weight to close. called and surprisingly, was fixed within an hour. had a gulf front room that was more like tree front (2nd floor). balconies were tiny and worse yet, smokers on each side so sitting on the balcony was not an option. The service was an either on or off situation. most of the check in staff and bell staff was very nonchalant and did not make a good impression. the service personnel in the restaurants were very friendly and really went out of their way. lots of eating places to choose from but the food is middle of the road at best. recommend going off property 2 mi south ot the Wharf - a real hole in the wall but GREAT food. the beach cabanas and water activities were okay but not sure if they were worth the extra $30 a day. Probably would not return but if you are looking for a reasonable experience with kids, this is okay but there are better places out there for the same money. Sorry, don't know where the evaluator came but this was not 4 stars..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- TradeWinds Island Grand spans 20 lush, tropical acres and boasts a heritage of award-winning service and certification as a Florida Green Lodge. Overlooking the tranquil waters of the Gulf of Mexico, Island Grand is located on the white sand beaches of St. Pete Beach, consistently ranked one of America's Top Beaches by TripAdvisor. Discover 201 things to do with a variety of recreation activities including JetLev flight center, The Floating Water Park, children's programs, paddleboats, tennis, stand-up paddleboards, a three story tall inflatable waterslide and more. Island Grand offers multiple dining and entertainment venues along with sand-in-your-toes beach bars. Pamper yourself with a beachfront massage at Body Works Salon & Spa. Relax on a beach cabana or lounge next to one of 5 heated pools and 2 whirlpools. Our on-site resort transportation and car rental agency makes getting to Island Grand easy and stress free. It's not just a vacation. At TradeWinds, it's a totally immersive experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your TradeWinds Island Grand Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tradewinds Island Grand Beach Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Tradewinds Island Saint Pete Beach
- TradeWinds Island Grand Resort St. Pete Beach, Florida