TradeWinds Island Grand Resort
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort(St. Pete Beach)
$152
Alden Suites(St. Pete Beach)
$209
Alden Suites
Inn on the Beach(St. Pete Beach)
$245
Plaza Beach Hotel - Beachfront Resort(St. Pete Beach)
$173
Coconut Inn(St. Pete Beach)
$180
St Pete Beach Suites(St. Pete Beach)
$159
Kimpton Hotel Zamora(St. Pete Beach)
$319
$254
  • Pool
$349
$309
Blind Pass Resort-Motel(St. Pete Beach)
$89
$86
The Don CeSar(St. Pete Beach)
$414
Hotelpower.com
  • Pool
5,732 results
All reviewspaddle boatsflying bridgejacaranda buildingbeefpizza hutpirate showthe palm courtgiant slidebeach slidetrade windsadult poolkids clubkids activitiesfront rowmini golfbedroom suitefamily vacation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 23, 2010

We have been going to Tradewinds Resort for the last four years as one of our mini vacations, since we live in Tampa Bay. Always have had a wonderful time and you couldnt ask for a more well rounded resort everyone on the family- including the family pet!
Im not one to complain, even when I should, but acouple of unexpected problems did arrive that I felt I had to make it known and felt that the issue in hand should be addressed!
Then I met Doug -lets just let him be known as the ' Director of Happiness', listening to my every whim, Director Doug had no problem in making me feel as if nothing had happened and made good to my family and I. Bravo, Doug- keep up the excellent work and we wil be back next year same time same date.
Danica Worley-Malay
Tampa, Fl.

Reviewed August 23, 2010

We had the entire family meet att he TradeWinds Island Grand to celebrate my mother-in-law's 90th birthday. It was a hit! Everyone had a fabulous time. The resort was beautiful and the staff couldn't have been more accommodating. We ranged in ages from 3 to 90 and everyone had a ball. There was something for everyone. We can't wait to do it again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 23, 2010

We picked this hotel because they claimed to be kid friendly with kid actives. First of let me talk about our room.. We had a suite with the Garden View. We were on the 6th floor and actually could see the ocean. It was a good ocean view too. First day we went to cook dinner... Stove top didn't work. Call and maintence was at our room in 10 mins... Crazy fast. He fixed the stove, apparently the cleaning lady didn't plug the burners in. Then the next day we went to the beach had fun. Came back up to the room and both kids slipped and fell on the tile floor. Cleaning lady had turned it down to 68 degrees, our lovely door had a 1" gap under it to the outside. I stuck my hand under the door to the outside. Which brought in all the moist air from out side mixed with the 68 degrees and covered the floor with condensation. Called maintance and they fixed it this time was more like 40 mins.

Second day paid for the tie die activity... what a waist of money. My 8 year daughter didn't do anything. They had her sit in a chair and watch the teenage kids who were running do it all. I should have just bought a shirt at the gift shop. The point was for her to make it not watch.

One day the cleaning lady only cleaned 1/2 the room left all the trash, left the towels on the bed and left a bottle of her cleaner in the kitchen. The next day our room was never clean.

Movie Night was canceled on the change of rain... there was absolutely no rain or wind for that matter. The hula hoop contest was also canceled on the chance or rain.

Next night at 9:30pm a Rock Concert started outside of our room. Seriously a rock concert in a kids resort at 9:30pm. I called the front desk they said it would end at 10:00 pm... 10:45 they finally stopped.

The Pirate Show... granted it was free but it was the saddest excuse for a pirate let alone a show. It was bad.. 8 families got up and left before we gave up on it. The jokes were dirty, were talking sexual content. I expected to see the pirate drive off on a Harley motor cycle, not in a pirate ship. Come to think of it he was dressed like a Harley Rider.

Apparently the hotel in undergoing renovations... we were not lucky enough to get a room that was finished... we had mold growing on the air vents and water stains on the ceiling. The outside walk way was carpet.... mildew covered carpet. The beds were also rock hard.

The beach was awful.. Granted it’s not the hotels fault but it needs to be said. I would say the beach was 80% broken sea shells and 20% sand. I thought St. Pete’s beach was suppose to be one of the better ones but Destin Fl was much nicer and real soft sand.

For the Kind of money you have to spend to stay here it was not worth the money, especially when all the activities are canceled on the chance of rain. Or the ones they do have the kids just sit back and watch there stuff get made for them.

1  Thank persichini
Reviewed August 22, 2010

We had a nice one bedroom suite with full kitchen overlooking the Gulf with our 2 kids in the their early 20s. Although there is an adult side of the resort at the Sandpiper, we chose to stay in a newly remodeled suite at Island Grand. Suite was very nice and included free wireless, but the air conditioner rattled. The resort is centered around young kids and we found it loud, especially the night activities at the pool sitting out on our balcony. The view from our room included a huge water slide.There are not many choices for restaurants in the area other than on the resort within walking distance. Beach is wide and pretty, and free beach cabanas were really great. We asked for a second one even though each room gets one, and they were very accomodating. The concierge told us there is a free beach cab from the hotel but we were by a guest told its more like a big golf cart and not insured so beware. Staff was friendly and very helpful. Elevators are hot and slow. There is a small store in the lobby and a large grocery store about a half mile away. The resort has one adult pool on this property that was a welcome relief with a Tiki Bar attached. There is a convenient beach trolley that runs up and down the Gulf.

Reviewed August 17, 2010

Brilliant location, brilliant hotel and amenities. Go and see for yourself. Dated. You must be joking.