TradeWinds Island Grand Resort
The Don CeSar(St. Pete Beach)
$307
$289
  • Pool
Sirata Beach Resort(St. Pete Beach)
$149
  • Pool
Alden Suites(St. Pete Beach)
$189
$138
Hotels.com
$173
$127
St Pete Beach Suites(St. Pete Beach)
$159
$349
$269
Orbitz.com
5,778 results
All reviewspaddle boatsflying bridgejacaranda buildingbeefpizza hutpirate showthe palm courtgiant slidebeach slidetrade windsadult poolkids clubkids activitiesfront rowmini golfbedroom suitefamily vacation
Reviewed December 3, 2006

How disappointed we were with this hotel. On arrival, it looked very opulent and impressive but when we were allocated our room it was awful. It was a standard room which was very dark - the only window looked out onto a walkway and was shrouded with a very grey curtain.

After quite a lengthy battle with Reception we were finally upgraded (grudgingly free of charge) to a much better room with a view. The room was spacious if a little tired in decor.

We found staff generally unhelpful - one in particular choosing to answer a personal call on her cellphone rather than giving us details about local transport. And there was definitely a sense of 'chasing the dollar'. The staff were generally better 'behaved' with fellow Americans than with Europeans.

We had chosen this resort as a peaceful end to our first Florida trip (the first 11 nights being spent in Orlando doing Disney) and we were celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary so we wanted something special. Instead of that, we felt thoroughly stressed and couldn't wait to get away.

In Orlando we had stayed at the Sheraton Safari. They too upgraded us free of charge but didn't make a song and dance about it. Also, when they knew we were celebrating our anniversary and my husband's birthday they gave us free drinks, pizza and breakfasts - that's what customer care is all about!

I filled in a 'feedback form' but as yet have had no response to the comments I made - I doubt whether I ever will!

Based on this experience, I would not visit this resort again.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Wainthrop
Reviewed November 29, 2006

The entire staff at Tradewinds Island Grand Beach Resort was friendly and very passionate about their jobs, from the gentlemen at the gate to the housekeepers to the groundsmen. They took the time to say hello each time a guest passed them and smiled. Beyond the staff, the food preparation and setting was excellent. The entire resort was kept extremely clean and the many amenities - exercise room, countless restaurants, handful of swimming pools, view of gorgeous sunsets - made Tradewinds a phenomenal place to stay and relax even during an extensive business training trip. I would recommend Tradewinds to all who are looking to hold a conference or just to enjoy a weekend of R & R.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled on business
Reviewed November 26, 2006

Stayed here as part of a conference. My 1-bedroom suite was on the ground floor and not overlooking the ocean. The suite wasn't great: decor was a bit gaudy, rooms were somewhat small, furniture, bathroom, kitchen and finishings were of mediocre quality (somewhat cheap feeling), and part of the ceiling felt a bit low (perhaps different on higher floors). Walked straight into the bedroom from the front door. I imagine if I had got an ocean view w. balcony it might have been a bit better. However it was certainly adequate, clean, well maintained, decent beds, no problems. The location is very good, right on the beach, sprawling resort, plenty of activities for families, lots of restaurants (not sure why they have so many!) - I ate in a nice restuarant (good food) and in a cafe and the sports bar (mediocre at best). Food is not too overpriced. Public spaces are pleasant. There are plenty of conferences etc. - might be a negative, but you could probably keep out of their way easily enough. I think it would be a good place for a family vacation. Pools are smallish, there is a kids pool (not wading, depth 3ft and deeper). I would bring my family for the location/activities, I would come again for a conference - probably not an ideal quiet couple getaway.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled on business
1  Thank go_leir
Reviewed November 20, 2006

great place to relax. people are friendly. if you like the beach,you wiil love the tradewinds. go for a long weekend, and you will wish you had stayed for a week.
great hotel!!
regards
harry checchio

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with friends
1  Thank matcoharry
Reviewed November 19, 2006

My family and I stayed at the Tradewinds Grand Resort for a week in October. The hotel is very nice and clean. We booked a one bedroom gulf view room which was very large, and had a beautiful view.

They are the only nice things I can say about this hotel , we arrived on a Thursday the hotel was busy but not so that you could not get to the pool, but that soon changed.

Over a weekend we witnessed 7 weddings and two conferences, now I love a nice wedding as much as the next person but 7 in two days is a bit much. Large areas of the hotel were closed off to accommodate the functions . Every corner you turned a wedding party were eating or dancing and by Sunday you couldn’t even get by the pools which were very very small.

My husband assured me that this was just weekend traffic and by Monday it would be quieter, and by Monday evening it was. The only downside was the one bit of entertainment that was under $20 which my son enjoyed was the pool table outside b-r cudas bar but by Monday night this had been removed for some reason?

We were then informed that one of the restaurants would be closed for breakfast the next day as they had a conference starting. On Tuesday morning I arrived in reception and found 300 men in suits stood around discussing pensions and half of the hotel was closed off, this is not want you want when you have travelled 4000 plus miles, I got straight on to my travel agents who arranged for us to move hotels within an hour.

This hotel is also very expensive and the staff are not the most helpful you would wish to meet, they conveniently forgot to issue us with our discount voucher, also did not inform us you can save money by purchasing refill mugs, maybe they have sales target to meet..

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with family