Ignore any really negative comments you read about the Tradewinds Island Grand, I think the people who write them are being too picky. The hotel in a whole is absolutely superb. With hundreds of rooms your bound to get maybe 1 or 2 not 100% at any one time, but I'll bet there close to it. My family and I visited in July at the height of the season when it was very busy and I have to say that not only were all the staff fantastic, from the concierge and reception to housekeeping. In fact everyone we spoke to was more than happy to help. The hotel itself was fantastic. We upgraded to a gulf view room and the view was amazing. The room itself was pretty basic but had everything we needed including a small kitchen with a toaster and microwave. The digital safe took a couple of mins to figure out though! If you decide to go to st. pete beach you need to take a walk along the beach at sunset. One word, Amazing! As the sun sets, if you look out onto the gulf watch for the dolphins. What an experience. Also, if you like to watch dolphins take a trip on the Dolphin Screamer. A huge speedboat that speeds across the gulf and dolphins swim and dive in it's wake trying to keep up. Go to St petes and go to Tradewinds Island Grand and you'll have a brilliant time. My 7 year old daughter is still talking about it and that was after 2 weeks in Orlando!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- TradeWinds Island Grand spans 20 lush, tropical acres and boasts a heritage of award-winning service and certification as a Florida Green Lodge. Overlooking the tranquil waters of the Gulf of Mexico, Island Grand is located on the white sand beaches of St. Pete Beach, consistently ranked one of America's Top Beaches by TripAdvisor. Discover 201 things to do with a variety of recreation activities including JetLev flight center, The Floating Water Park, children's programs, paddleboats, tennis, stand-up paddleboards, a three story tall inflatable waterslide and more. Island Grand offers multiple dining and entertainment venues along with sand-in-your-toes beach bars. Pamper yourself with a beachfront massage at Body Works Salon & Spa. Relax on a beach cabana or lounge next to one of 5 heated pools and 2 whirlpools. Our on-site resort transportation and car rental agency makes getting to Island Grand easy and stress free. It's not just a vacation. At TradeWinds, it's a totally immersive experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Travelocity, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Jetsetter and HotelQuickly so you can book your TradeWinds Island Grand Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tradewinds Island Grand Beach Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Tradewinds Island Saint Pete Beach
- TradeWinds Island Grand Resort St. Pete Beach, Florida