TradeWinds Island Grand Resort
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort(St. Pete Beach)
$152
Alden Suites(St. Pete Beach)
$209
Alden Suites
Inn on the Beach(St. Pete Beach)
$245
Plaza Beach Hotel - Beachfront Resort(St. Pete Beach)
$173
Coconut Inn(St. Pete Beach)
$180
St Pete Beach Suites(St. Pete Beach)
$159
Kimpton Hotel Zamora(St. Pete Beach)
$319
$254
  • Pool
$349
$309
Travelocity
Blind Pass Resort-Motel(St. Pete Beach)
$89
$86
The Don CeSar(St. Pete Beach)
$414
Hotelpower.com
  • Pool
5,732 results
All reviewspaddle boatsflying bridgejacaranda buildingbeefpizza hutpirate showthe palm courtgiant slidebeach slidetrade windsadult poolkids clubkids activitiesfront rowmini golfbedroom suitefamily vacation
FilterAll languages
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed April 17, 2006

Perhaps I am swayed by the hotel's generous upgrade to the Penthouse, but WOW...this place was great. The room was exceptional (including the maid service), and the staff was friendly. The coffee pot was TOO SMALL, but we didn't care, we got Starbucks in the lobby! The cabanas are comfortable, the pools are fun, the restaurants are good, and the pool table outside of Pizza Hut was a fun thing to do with teenagers. We found everything clean and everyone polite. Watching the sunset on the Gulf really recharges the batteries! St. Pete Beach is better than Clearwater if you are looking to entertain kids. I have to say that the food is expensive and the concierge was rude. But, big deal...This was an A+ vacation for everyone from 11 years old to 42!!

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
North Kingsown, RI
Reviewed April 12, 2006

Just got back from a 4 night stay (April 5 -8) at Tradewinds Island Grand. We decided on April 3rd and after looking at the AAA Florida tour book, took a chance on this 4 diamond resort. I am glad that I did not read this website prior to our trip or we might not have picked this hotel. We are a couple in our 40's looking for a low key vacation on the beach with cocktails and sun. We were coming from New England, so warm weather and beach were priority.

I have nothing but positives to say. We stayed in an oceanview room on the 6th floor of the Breckenridge section. charge was 200$ per night. Our room overlooked the adult pool. It was busy but never too noisy or crowded. Our only problem was the first set of keys we were given, were not properly activated and we had to get another set. Within a 1/2 hour a new set was delivered to our room.

The room was spacious with 2 queen beds a dinette set, small fridge,sink and microwave. It was immaculate. Housekeeping started early in the morning (9-10am). We only used it 2 times in 4 days and it was totally fine. Clean towels, bed changed etc by noonish. awesome view of sunsets and firework displays.

I see from other posts some people complained about service and disrespect of staff. Did not experience this problem. In fact, we found plenty of staff and they were always pleasant and helpful.

There were a lot of kids (some unattended) all over the place. However was not annoying for us as the place is so big you don't feel trapped and from what we could see there is tons for kids to do.

We ate at all the restaurants with the exception of The Palm court. The food was fine. Not extravagant but better than average. We ate blue cheese burgers and club sandwiches at the Tiki bar which were great. Also tried conch fritters (good). Recommend bison appetizer at Bermuda's if you like tasty meat. We are not huge eaters so food was not a priority.
However, would recommend the Silas steakhouse across the street if you want some good eats. We tried alligator bites that were awesome and mahi mahi. Very reasonable and funky atmosphere in a kind of divy way.

alcohol is kinda pricy at the resort. No prob...liquor store a few blocks down VERY Cheap. We brought cooler to beach with alcohol, water...etc.

We hit great weather. NO RAIN, 80's all week. Swam in the pool but sat on the beach. We had Extra value pass included in price of room and secured a beach cabana daily. The beach is huge. Recommend beach shoes because the sand has tons of shells rough up your feet. Did not swim in the ocean (still a little cool) but the water was crystal clear (no seaweed, red tide , no stingrays despite postings).

Night life is kinda quiet. We never left the resort but heard that there is a boardwalk with more things to do. drove by on our way out and wish we checked it out during our stay. there were a couple of acoustic singers at the bar and even at the pool during the day. was perfect if you like to chill out.

i would recommend this to anyone. I don't have high expectations but like to feel like I am getting my $$ worth especially with respect to cleanliness, service and general enjoyment. You might not like this place if you want an adult only vacation (no kids at all) or if you want a more- than- casual environment. If so, try the don cesar down the street.

13  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 6, 2006

We spent 5 nights here. When I checked in- I found out I did have the type of room my agent booked thru a "package" vacation company. The manager said their records show a standard room was booked and thats it. -They said we are full - no rooms available. The suite I got had no balcony-and was half the size of the one I booked. (I looked at the other one) Our bedroom also was next to a noisy compressor or pump that ran every few minutes. They could have cared less. The pools & hot tubs were crowded and not big enough for the amount of rooms there. My kid thought it was great- it was probably my least enjoyable vacation. - Won't go back.

3  Thank wtkol
Cedar Rapids Iowa
Reviewed April 5, 2006

We stayed at the busy time of the year and couldn't get a gulf view but they tried to get the closest view and they did just that. We had a nice view and the room was very clean and the staff were very friendly and the lady that cleaned our room was very nice and our three daughter's liked her very much. There was alot to do throughout the day for our kids they run from ages 3 to 14. We diffently will come back again next year with our youngest daughter who is one.

• Stayed: March 2006
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 4, 2006

This place was so bad we left a day early even though we had prepaid three nights- no refund needless to say. There are three swimming pools. One is just for adults, the other was closed because the water was so cloudy and the third looked like a convention center it was so crowded. You pay a $15 daily charge to park and for the usual amejinities that are gratis anywhere else. Our room was cramped and dated and was not made up until we called at 6pm. Food is ok but the only restaurant that does any businness is the on-site pizza hut. Stay clear of this place

Stayed: March 2006