This is my third time staying at the TradeWinds Resort. I was participating in a conference at the resort, so I wasn't on your typical vacation. However, we did find time in the afternoon to enjoy the property. The pools were pretty crowded, but there was red tide at the beach and it smelled terrible and I completely understood why everyone chose the pools, so that didn't really upset me like some of the other reviewers. I was always able to find an empty chair at the pool. I stayed in a one bedroom suite that had a kitchenette, so I did a lot of meals myself to save money. When we did eat out, we chose the Flying Bridge Restaurant. The food was good and reasonably priced, although the service seemed slow sometimes. The past times I've stayed, I've had a suite facing the gulf, and this year I had a suite facing the garden/parking lot. The room was considerable smaller that the gulf view suites, but was still adequate for several people. The staff were all helpful and friendly. The property is beautiful and they have increased the number of onsite activities for children and families to participate in since my first stay. I loved it here and am planning a non-work stay soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- TradeWinds Island Grand spans 20 lush, tropical acres and boasts a heritage of award-winning service and certification as a Florida Green Lodge. Overlooking the tranquil waters of the Gulf of Mexico, Island Grand is located on the white sand beaches of St. Pete Beach, consistently ranked one of America's Top Beaches by TripAdvisor. Discover 201 things to do with a variety of recreation activities including JetLev flight center, The Floating Water Park, children's programs, paddleboats, tennis, stand-up paddleboards, a three story tall inflatable waterslide and more. Island Grand offers multiple dining and entertainment venues along with sand-in-your-toes beach bars. Pamper yourself with a beachfront massage at Body Works Salon & Spa. Relax on a beach cabana or lounge next to one of 5 heated pools and 2 whirlpools. Our on-site resort transportation and car rental agency makes getting to Island Grand easy and stress free. It's not just a vacation. At TradeWinds, it's a totally immersive experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your TradeWinds Island Grand Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tradewinds Island Grand Beach Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Tradewinds Island Saint Pete Beach
- TradeWinds Island Grand Resort St. Pete Beach, Florida