6,017 results
All reviewspaddle boatsflying bridgejacaranda buildingbeefpizza hutpirate showthe palm courtgiant slidebeach slidethe trade windsadult poolkids activitieskids clubfront rowmini golfbedroom suitemain pool
Reviewed July 8, 2009

My husband and I recently returned from the TradeWinds Island Grand Beach Resort and were extremely pleased with our stay. We booked this hotel through one of the discount travel websites, but were not treated like a discounted traveller. The property was large and included multiple pools for kids/families/adults only. It also included tennis courts, multiple watering holes and restaurants, and is walking distance to many other restaurants and shops in St. Pete's Beach. The beach area is huge. There is an additional $25 resort fee per day that went toward the cabanas at the beach, tennis courts, etc, and we felt it was worth it. The concierges were quite knowledgeable and sent us to all the right places and restaurants. The front desk staff was very cordial and accomodating. All of the bartenders we met were personable and Simon took good care of us at Red Beards (where live music played each night). The grounds were very well kept. Spa services were within the facility, although we didn't use them. We had an ocean view room and was more spacious than we anticipated. We read other reviews on TripAdivsor, and we had nothing but a positive experience. On another note, we visited the SandPiper facility (the sister property). This property was much smaller, the pool and beach areas not as nice as the Island Grand property. I would highly recommend the Island Grand over the Sand Piper, any day.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 7, 2009

I left a review earlier on this place and was contacted via email by "reviewing officical" from the resort, She explained in her email that they take things seriously and will contact me in effort to resolve the insult my wife had to endure by a member of their staff. Also due to their negligence my room took a sewage spill from a broken toilet (internal flush valve). Yes they did "switch the room" after pulling teeth. The place is a "tourist trap", once they get your $$ it doesnt matter if you come back or not. The property and beach are nice..............so are the bartenders......will I ever go back there, NOPE !!!!!! You can get a lot better for less $$ if you look around....
As for their "getting back to me" , its been almost a month and I am still waiting", just not really holding my breath......-that just shows thier customer care quality......-

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
3  Thank lifesavr65
Reviewed July 6, 2009

My girlfriend and I were hoping for a great long weekend to just relax and unwind. Unfortunately all we got was problem after problem. The room type that we reserved directly through the hotel was not available at time of check-in and we were down graded to a different room. Staff did give us a discounted rate, but it was not about price. I would have reserved the down graded room initially if that’s what I wanted. This would not have been much of an issue had our room smelled horrible when we arrived. It had a mixture of a musty and water logged scent that was hardly bearable. I quickly went back to the front desk to see what could be done, and like I expected I was told that the hotel was sold out and we didn’t really have many options. I wasn’t happy, but I understood the answer I got. Front desk agent was nice enough to give me a voucher for food. Nice gesture. Unfortunately when we ordered room service it was very slow and our food was cold when it arrived. I know the resort was sold out and the kitchen was very busy so the wait was expected but I was unhappy with the cold food. Between the room and the food our relaxing stay turned into a disappointment. I will definitely be staying at The Don Cesar again next time.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rtmab1584
Reviewed July 6, 2009

It was a wonderful stay. The Island Grand is great. The staff is great. The food is great. The children had a great time. We will go back again. What better review is there?

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 5, 2009

I just returned from a stay at the TW Island Grand and am stunned that this place recieved a AAA four diamond award. Mildewy, dirty rugs, unclean floors (free toenails in our room!) and significant drainage probelms in public spaces. Nothing upscale about it. I thought AAA reserved this for the best of the best but apparently not

Then I read in the elevator that our room was in a building still licensed as the 'Breckenridge Motor Inn'. Things make a lot more sense now but as the saying goes 'lipstick on a pig...'

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business