I just spent a enjoyable, relaxing 5 days at the Tradewind Grand Resort. I have to say I was pretty anxious prior to arriving based on scathing reviews I'd read on tridpadvisor, after I'd booked the vacation, especially regarding cleanliness and size of the rooms. However, I have to report that I was pleasantly suprised to find a very clean tropical view room in the Jacaranda Building with a balcony that also had views of the beach. I have to admit the room was on the small side, but confortable enough and like I said very clean. Also, the microwave, half fridge and toaster are an added bonus for late night and early morning snacks. The supermarket Publix is right up the street if you want to fill the fridge. All of the staff are very friendly and helpful. The surroundings, including the canal around the resort with the swans, ducks and beautiful fish is very serene. The Flying Bridge Restaurant which is adjacent the the pools and very close the beach is in perfect location for hungry kids who've spent most of the morning playing at the beach and pool has great frozen drinks and lunch selections that are affordable. The food comes out quick, hot and tasty. There are other restaurants on site including Pizza Hut and an ice cream station. Overall, I'd have to say I had wonderful time at the Tradewind Grand resort and would come again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- TradeWinds Island Grand spans 20 lush, tropical acres and boasts a heritage of award-winning service and certification as a Florida Green Lodge. Overlooking the tranquil waters of the Gulf of Mexico, Island Grand is located on the white sand beaches of St. Pete Beach, consistently ranked one of America's Top Beaches by TripAdvisor. Discover 201 things to do with a variety of recreation activities including JetLev flight center, The Floating Water Park, children's programs, paddleboats, tennis, stand-up paddleboards, a three story tall inflatable waterslide and more. Island Grand offers multiple dining and entertainment venues along with sand-in-your-toes beach bars. Pamper yourself with a beachfront massage at Body Works Salon & Spa. Relax on a beach cabana or lounge next to one of 5 heated pools and 2 whirlpools. Our on-site resort transportation and car rental agency makes getting to Island Grand easy and stress free. It's not just a vacation. At TradeWinds, it's a totally immersive experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your TradeWinds Island Grand Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tradewinds Island Grand Beach Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Tradewinds Island Saint Pete Beach
- TradeWinds Island Grand Resort St. Pete Beach, Florida