TradeWinds Island Grand Resort
The Don CeSar(St. Pete Beach)
$307
$289
  • Pool
Sirata Beach Resort(St. Pete Beach)
$149
  • Pool
Alden Suites(St. Pete Beach)
$189
$173
$138
Orbitz.com
$127
St Pete Beach Suites(St. Pete Beach)
$159
$349
$269
Orbitz.com
5,778 results
All reviewspaddle boatsflying bridgejacaranda buildingbeefpizza hutpirate showthe palm courtgiant slidebeach slidetrade windsadult poolkids clubkids activitiesfront rowmini golfbedroom suitefamily vacation
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Kinda over priced, tiny pool, everything seemed to be extra. The beach was nice along with the staff. It was nice to have a little cabana on the beach. Someone was smoking pot by us. We told the staff who said they would call security but they never showed up. I'm not a prude, I've done it but not when there's little kids and families around. So we went to the pool. It was crowded and the water was kinda cloudy (kinda hard not to be, everyone rinsed off the beach water and sand). We won't stay there again.

1  Thank Zack P
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Beautiful hotel! Our room was clean and inviting. Included a fridge, microwave and sink. The resort fee includes a cabana among other things and the beach was beautiful! There are plenty of restaurants/bars on the property that make it so convenient that you don't need to leave! Plenty of things to do and beautiful surroundings. Couldn't ask for anything more. We will be back!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank jverge30
Reviewed July 19, 2014

The resort was just ok. It is way over priced. The room we had was very small, with only small refrigerator. The one refrigerator was stocked with drinks and snacks, but way way over priced. The drinks from the tiki bar was expensive. The good thing is they had a adult only pool, which was nice. The whole stay will money you to death.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 19, 2014

When we decided to go on vacation, my requirements were a beach, a separate area for my husband and I to stay while preschooler was napping, and activities for a 3 year old. Unfortunately this wasn't as easy as you would think because a 3 year old is too old for the younger crowd and too young for the older crowd (most of those cut off start at 4). So the kids club was useless to us because of his age. We got a 1 bedroom suite with a fridge (requirement), cook top, microwave, and toaster in the living room part of it. From our room we could see the beach and one of the pools. There is one adult pool but I didn't visit it (my choice). I thought it should have been more isolated but if they had done that it wouldn't have been next to the beach, which I think others would have disliked. We were looking to play in the pool and ocean and that's what we did. It's within a reasonable drive of Busch Gardens which my son loved the Sesame Street section of it. Our son loved the paddleboats and mini golf at the resort which was included in the resort fee. Wifi worked pretty well but it could have just been because we were there in early May.

Our favorite place to eat was the Palm Court Italian Grill. Expensive but very good. We had Michelle as our waitress on our first visit and asked for her when we went back the last night we were at the resort. The staff was very accommodating of kids and Michelle did her best to interact with our son. We allowed him to have dessert and she made extra special desserts for him. First one had his name on it and the second one had a sailboat on it because we were leaving.

They have recently renovated much of the resort. I thought it worked well for families. The problem with the big slide is that if there is very much wind they can't inflate it because it's dangerous. I'm not sure that everyone understands that. I wouldn't have wanted to go to this resort if I minded kids being around because it's advertised as family friendly. There were people there for conferences while we were and for the most part they seemed pleased with what they had. One complaint I had was with the housekeeping staff. They were very nice but didn't seem to know when to come to a room with small kids. It would be nice if there was a way we could notify they with the hang tag on the room of when to come back to service the room because the kid is taking a nap. We missed a cleaning because of naptime, which was more our fault than their fault. After that we got it worked out.

Room Tip: The 1 bedroom we had had the entrance of the room through the bedroom and the living room area was facing the pool. While this was inconvenient if I wanted to walk around during the kid's naptime, it was great for the noise level. Also in early May it's slow season so about 11 pm everything died down so it was easy to get a good night's sleep because of the noise level.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Christina K
Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

Overall I had a wonderful time during my stay after all of the issues were resolved and there were a lot of issues. I am used to the "Secrets Resort chain" so some of the negative experiences we had were mind blowing. They do not have adequate parking for guests. It took 2 hours just to park our vehicles. We were told our room would be ready by 4:00, yet at 5:40 we were still standing in the lobby. They kept telling us come back in 20 minutes, 15 minutes etc. We were promised front row cabanas for our troubles yet no one knew a thing about it once we got to the beach. Our fridge stopped working the first night there. Our fruit, milk, cream spoiled. Maintenence offered us all free brunch once again we arrived at the restaurant with no records of such a promise. We were also promised late check out on our final day for everything that happened and shockingly enough no one had recorded that either. Unfortunately this property cannot handle full capacity and should not consider themselves a "full service" facility because it was far from it. Not all was a nightmare. The resort is maintained, great landscaping, beautiful beach and family friendly. Pools are small, but very nice. In the end we made the best of it and had a blast. I have to say I will not be returning.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family