We decided last minute to have a nice staycation last weekend at the Tradewinds and had such a wonderful time. We booked through Hotwire 4 star for $170, so we had a feeling it was probably the Tradewinds. From the moment we drove up Makar greeted us and asked what the reason for our visit was. We told him our anniversary and immediately he made sure we were sent a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries. Then we checked in and Aiden made sure to give us two complimentary drink tickets This really kicked off our stay on the right foot. The Tradewinds is a wonderful resort to stay at whether your visiting from afar or driving over from Tampa. You don't need to leave the resort for anything. They have multiple pools, restaurants, bars, and activities going on. I even saw that they do yoga on the beach in the morning (will remember this for next time). The room was nice. Had a faint smell but once we got the AC on it went away. They have a mini-fridge with drink and snack, plus another fridge, and they also have utensils etc. This was great, I love not having to use a plastic fork. The balcony was teeny tiny, but we didn't stay in the room much, so this didn't really matter to us. We had a wonderful visit and will be sure to go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- TradeWinds Island Grand spans 20 lush, tropical acres and boasts a heritage of award-winning service and certification as a Florida Green Lodge. Overlooking the tranquil waters of the Gulf of Mexico, Island Grand is located on the white sand beaches of St. Pete Beach, consistently ranked one of America's Top Beaches by TripAdvisor. Discover 201 things to do with a variety of recreation activities including JetLev flight center, The Floating Water Park, children's programs, paddleboats, tennis, stand-up paddleboards, a three story tall inflatable waterslide and more. Island Grand offers multiple dining and entertainment venues along with sand-in-your-toes beach bars. Pamper yourself with a beachfront massage at Body Works Salon & Spa. Relax on a beach cabana or lounge next to one of 5 heated pools and 2 whirlpools. Our on-site resort transportation and car rental agency makes getting to Island Grand easy and stress free. It's not just a vacation. At TradeWinds, it's a totally immersive experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TravelUp, Priceline, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Travelocity, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your TradeWinds Island Grand Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tradewinds Island Grand Beach Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Tradewinds Island Saint Pete Beach
- TradeWinds Island Grand Resort St. Pete Beach, Florida