“everything you need is here!”

TradeWinds Island Grand Resort
Ranked #11 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“everything you need is here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014

This was our first trip to St Pete's beach. We loved the Trade Winds resort with all of its dining options and entertainment choices. There is truly something there for all ages. Also the location is great it is walking distance to many area restaurants and bars. What we loved most was the great set up for the beach and pool facilities. You walk right onto the beautiful beach and choose and pick out a cabana or reserve it the day before. We are already planning a trip back with our Grand children because they will love all of the activities that are designed especially for them. We had a great time!

Room Tip: We upgraded to a gulf view room. The view made the stay more enjoyable. Also try and get closer to...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank rocky l

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,364)
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014

Wonderful people, rooms, bars, restaurant, etc. Staff is extremely nice and helpful. Ocean view rooms are just perfect and so as the amenities around the hotel. Every year I go I see same people working there and makes me think they are really happy with their employer which tells you about the company caring about employees and their assets. Highly recommend for business or family trip!

Room Tip: ocean view is worth every penny
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank luder777
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014

Katchi Mara is the reason I am writing this review. He was just phenomenal. He help me at least on three separate occasions during my three-day stay. I can't say enough what value he added to my stay here for a conference I was attending. He helped carry my stuff for me I was having trouble getting into my room he help me it seemed like he was everywhere I was. And he never would accept a tip that was offered. In the conference area I happen to meet his wife who was one of the servers she was very pleasant and very accommodating also. These people should be rewarded the highest accolades they really made my stay worthwhile please show them the appreciation they deserve.

• Stayed March 2014
Staten Island, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

My recent stay at the Trade Winds Grand was much more than I expected. I attended a conference and found that it was one of the best that Inever attended. Separate from the conference content the hotel was lovely. There was a level of professionalism and staff concern that rates among the best that I ever experienced. The conference rooms were clean and well organized, the food was extremely good and the overall feel in the hotel was one in which the people I met all seemed happy to work there.
Thank you for making this a terrific stay encompassing business and pleasure.

Room Tip: It is worth an upgrade from the basic room to one facing the resort or beach area.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Louise P
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

Stayed there last week during a mini vacation and it was a great choice. First the check in process was easy. Took about 5-10 minutes because they were busy. We self parked which was easy as well. Our room was nothing special. It was the bottom tier of available options. We had no view but we didn't care because we didn't spend much time in the room. It was clean and the king bed was nice and comfortable. The bathroom was fine and the shower was roomy. The resort itself was very nice and clean. I always saw personnel cleaning things around the grounds. It was easy to navigate around and find most places. They had a convention on Monday and Tuesday and they were using the banquet hall. This forced us to take a detour to get to our building, but employees were always on hand to direct us where to go. They offer plenty of places to eat, both adult and kid friendly. Saltys Tiki Bar on the adult side is a great place to eat outside, listen to live music and enjoy a drink of your choice! Red beards bar had karaoke Monday night, so that was entertaining. The beach is clean and they had plenty of cabanas to chose from. We had no need to reserve one during our stay. In fact, one of the beach employees was nice enough to provide us with an extra cabana due to family visiting us during our stay. We didn't spend any time at the pools, but they are heated and looked nice. There are plenty of activities for kids to do around the resort. I don't have kids, so I am not sure of all of them other than the huge slide on the beach and a mini golf course. The slide is a blast! Overall, this is a nice place to stay. It is both kid and adult friendly and I would recommend this place to family and friends.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JD Y
TradeWinds-Leni, Manager at TradeWinds Island Grand Resort, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Hello JD Y,
We truly appreciate that you took the time to share your review of our property. We're so glad you had an excellent stay with us - it sounds like our staff exceeded your expectations when it comes to hospitality and we're thrilled to hear that! Also, it's really great to know you had a blast on the High Tide Slide! Thank you for your recommendations and we hope to see you again.
Kind Regards,
Leni
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

Excellent Customer Service as everyone on staff made us feel very welcome and happy to be there. The housekeeping staff was so friendly and made sure our rooms were perfect every day. The restaurants were great and the adult pool close to the tiki bar and live music was the perfect spot for our group. I would recommend this resort to everyone.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
TradeWinds-Leni, Manager at TradeWinds Island Grand Resort, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Hello Diane M,
Thank you for your recommendation! We're really glad your group had a great visit with us. Live music by the adult pool and Salty's Tiki Bar can definitely make for an awesome afternoon in the sun. We'd love for you to come back and do it all over again.
Kind Regards,
Leni
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

The Tradewinds was less than expected. Our reservations were for a window view of the beach, but upon checking in we were upgraded to a balcony view. Unfortunately the balcony was an interior balcony facing the paddle boat rental...not exactly a view. Even though the rooms have all been updated, they were still very old school and small. The noise level outside of our room made it difficult to get to sleep at night. We called the front desk twice about a loud party with music going on outside on the hotel property (@11:45pm). Also, the door between our room and the adjacent room was hardly a sound barrier; we could hear every word said & the crying baby that was occupying it. Luckily the beach was beautiful and well taken care of & the beach cabanas were great. The beach was the best part of our stay! It was nice being able to order food and drinks and take them to the beach. The slide was fun for the kids and there were fun rentals in the water on the beach. There are pools shown on the website, but when we got there we found that the nicest pool that is closest to the beach does not allow kids, so we couldn't use that one. The other pool was pretty retro and not the greatest. Even though we paid for two nights, we checked out a day early (eating the expense) & headed back to Orlando because of our disappointment with the facilities at the resort. If you are looking to go back in time (say the late 70's), this is a good spot to stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank shannonn938
JustLetGo8, Guest Relations Manager at TradeWinds Island Grand Resort, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
As the Director of Guest Satisfaction please accept my apology for not meeting your expectations. After reviewing your reservation further, I see that it was for a standard hotel room which has a courtyard view. I'm thankful that you were able to upgrade to the tropical view room which does provide a balcony and view of the Gulf, even though limited by being on the second floor.
Regarding the noise, we have security on staff around the clock and it is documented that they closed Red Beard's Tavern after the second call and the noise quieted as the patrons dispersed back to their rooms.
Thank you for the other positive comments about the property and please let me know if I could be of any further assistance.
Also consider these accommodations in or near St. Pete Beach
Coconut Cove All Suite Hotel
#23 of 96 in Clearwater
Guy Harvey Outpost, a TradeWinds Beach Resort
Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel & Conference Center

Been to TradeWinds Island Grand Resort? Share your experiences!