“Friendly and responsive staff”

TradeWinds Island Grand Resort
Ranked #9 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
Reviewed March 3, 2014

I had the opportunity to stay at the Trade Wind for a conference over Valentines. From check in where the parking and desk staff gave complete and helpful information to the houskeeping and engineering staff who fixed my small room problems to front desk folks giving directions, to gruondskeepers, to wait staff at restaurants and meeting gatherings everyone was smiley and helpful. Food was great at the conference events, lunch and evening meet and greets. The conference had food supplied so I only got to try one restaurant while I was there and opted for the flying bridge for lunch so I could spend a few moments outside. Many things are included in the package. I'd like to go and stay awhile and try them. Great job.

Room Tip: Some parts of the resort can be a long walk, so ask for a room near an area you think you'll be...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (5,568)

Reviewed March 2, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed on 2/13/14 for Valentine's day. We only stayed the one night, but it was great. Our room did not overlook the gulf, but we stayed on the 5th floor and had a wonderful view of the InnerCoastal. The beds were very comfortable and the rooms were impeccably clean. All in all we enjoyed our stay very much. And we will be coming back!

Room Tip: Even if your room isn't facing the gulf, the view of the inner coastal in the non gulf rooms are...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
TradeWinds-Leni, Manager at TradeWinds Island Grand Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Hello TiffanyRose09,
We're so glad you had a great night with us to celebrate Valentines Day. Sometimes just a little 'stay-cation' is the best way to getaway. We really do hope you will come back to visit us again.
Kind Regards,

Reviewed March 1, 2014

I cannot tell you how wonderful it was to speak to David in Reservations this evening. My family and I needed to make quick reservations to visit my mother, who is suffering from dementia, and David truly made my day by helping me in every way possible ... taking his time to find just the right fit for the 7 of us to celebrate being together. Now I can go to sleep feeling at peace that I have found such a beautiful and fun place to spend with my loved ones. Thank you again, David!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank JANINE W
TradeWinds-Leni, Manager at TradeWinds Island Grand Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Hello JANINE W,
Thank you for recognizing David in Reservations! We are a very special property as we are lucky enough to have ALL our reservations staff directly on site. They know our properties well and understand the ins-and-outs of our resorts. We look forward to seeing you and the whole family soon!
Regards,

Reviewed March 1, 2014

The tradewinds is an older resort that is out of date, but still very clean and the service is awesome! From check in to check out, it has been awesome! Margarita was in charge of our conference and kept us well informed constantly. The best restaurant on-site is Beef O' Brady's. The bartender, Gabe and the restaurant manager were great and willing to accommodate many different requests that we had, including food allergies and other requests. I would recommend this place. It would be 5 star if the rooms and conference center were updated.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Music4hym777
Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

Arrived late Saturday, unpacked and went straight to the outside pool bar. My man Sam (bartender) set me up with a rum runner and it was perfect. The entertainment is a guitarist, he's fantastic, think his name is Zach and the sun is setting behind him. Couldn't be more perfect. So far the resort is everything I was looking for. Front desk was very pleasant and check me in quickly. Room was clean and large enough. A few restaurants on site, I'm going to try one later an will let you know how they fare.

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Joseph812

Hello Joseph812,
First impressions mean everything and we're so glad that we got you started on the right track for an awesome vacation. A Rum Runner coupled with a beautiful St. Pete Beach sunset was definitely a power move! We hope the rest of your stay was just as fantastic. Thank you for visiting!
Kind Regards,

Reviewed March 1, 2014

We just returned from five days there and it is a great place, especially for kids. There is a big water slide, pedal boats, and toasted marshmallows on the beach. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Our room was very clean, but dark and a little dated. The $17.99 fee for movie rental is too high, as is the $17.50 p/p breakfast buffet. The Suncoast Trolley stops right outside, and we took it to Pass a Grille and downtown St. Pete. We will go back.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HoneyComnyc
Reviewed March 1, 2014

I really liked the hotel overall. I think that the location and food was excellent. I also enjoyed the slide and the pools. My favorite restorant in the hotel was a Italian restorant in which I loved the food and service!

• Stayed: March 2014