We traveled to TradeWinds Island Grand Beach resort as a last minute splurge for the night for my birthday. It was beautiful and many things to do at the resort. From the start valet was nice and helpful, I was not aware there were four different towers and from where we parked there was quite a bit of a walk. We didn't mind but he stayed with us the entire time until we made it into our room! Room was nice side, nice features, pretty typical and upon check in we were upgraded to a beach view which over looked the adult pool. It was an amazing view and having the convenience to the adult pool was even better as there were many kids in all the other pools and hot tubs. There was much to do around the resort, there were paddle boats, a numerous amount of pools, a gigantic waterslide behind the resort on the beach (which was fun) and recreational activities to do on the beach such as jet-skis, jet pack, parasailing, some rafting float thing in the ocean, and some sort of an ocean playground of inflatable objects. We had lunch at Beef o Brady's which was great and had drinks at the bar literally all day. Dinner we went to a buffet (pricey) and not much of anything but ordinary. Breakfast buffet in the morning was great and upon checkout we even got offered a free night! Were so tempted to call out of work and enjoy the free night because there was so much we still wanted to do. For one night stays, its okay but planning more days would have been amazing as there truly is so much to do! Overall it was a great stay and wonderful location. There was one incident with one of the workers at the outside bar who ignored me on numerous occasion and just associated with everyone around until one of the guys next to me had to stop him to serve me. I felt little awkward but didn't want to let it ruin my trip because besides him, service was great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- TradeWinds Island Grand spans 20 lush, tropical acres and boasts a heritage of award-winning service and certification as a Florida Green Lodge. Overlooking the tranquil waters of the Gulf of Mexico, Island Grand is located on the white sand beaches of St. Pete Beach, consistently ranked one of America's Top Beaches by TripAdvisor. Discover 201 things to do with a variety of recreation activities including JetLev flight center, The Floating Water Park, children's programs, paddleboats, tennis, stand-up paddleboards, a three story tall inflatable waterslide and more. Island Grand offers multiple dining and entertainment venues along with sand-in-your-toes beach bars. Pamper yourself with a beachfront massage at Body Works Salon & Spa. Relax on a beach cabana or lounge next to one of 5 heated pools and 2 whirlpools. Our on-site resort transportation and car rental agency makes getting to Island Grand easy and stress free. It's not just a vacation. At TradeWinds, it's a totally immersive experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your TradeWinds Island Grand Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tradewinds Island Grand Beach Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Tradewinds Island Saint Pete Beach
- TradeWinds Island Grand Resort St. Pete Beach, Florida