“Great stay for work seminar.”

TradeWinds Island Grand Resort
Ranked #10 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
Billings, Montana
“Great stay for work seminar.”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

The TradeWinds Island Grand Beach Resort was hosting a work seminar that I was attending. The facilities for the training were exceptional. The staff was very professional and the meals were excellent.

As for the stay, the great experience started with a friendly and enjoyable conversation with the gate guard. The check-in process went well, and the rooms were great. I had a beach view and really enjoyed it. Room service was great and the housekeeping staff was very good.

There was an unbelievable amount of things that you could do at this one location including beach access, pools, paddle boats around the riverwalk, bars and restaurants onsite, and located in a great area on St. Pete’s Beach to access a lot of the local flair.

I would stay here again if I was ever in the area for business or personal travel.

Room Tip: Beach view rooms were exceptional.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Katie M, Manager at TradeWinds Island Grand Resort, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! Hope to see you again soon for a leisure trip!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,417)
Parrish, Florida
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Had a mini family reunion with 7 rooms for a long weekend. Everyone had a great time and thoroughly enjoyed the TradeWinds. Service at Beef O'Brady's was fast even with a large crowd. Room was spacious for two adults and two kids. Would definitely stay again!

1 Thank Patty M
Bristow, Virginia, United States
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Pros: This place is right on the beach, family-friendly, the rooms and outdoor areas are clean and well-maintained. There's many food options on-site and the bar staff is very friendly.

Cons: The front desk staff. I was there for a conference and got a room with a view of the roof. I wouldn't have cared, but my mom came with me for vacation and wanted to upgrade. I was told I could upgrade to an ocean view room for $30 only to find out two of my colleagues there for the same conference were given the ocean view rooms for free.

As I decided whether to upgrade, I asked front desk if it was a full ocean view room or just partial and was told, rudely: "It's a full ocean view. We're not trying to lie to you."

When I approached the front desk about the whole thing, the manager kept interrupting me and when I finally admitted defeat, she continued to talk to me in what I felt was a condescending tone, although I asked her to stop. I just didn't feel any respect from the front desk staff.

Overall - my experience was fine, but the front desk staff left a bad impression.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Rachel J
cathedral city
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Think twice before booking a visit at this hotel. While the beach is beautiful, the hotel and service are less than optimal. The elevators did not work to reach our 4th floor suite. The suite itself was expensive, but the accomodations poor. For instance, the suite was really two adjoining rooms of which the doors opened up into each other, that is, you could not enter or exit at the same time. The balcony was about two feet wide so that you had to sit sideways to sit upon it. The beds were not comfortable, and the second room beds actually were so old that you rolled into the center of the bed.The furniture was dated and worn. On our second night the fire alarm went off not just once but 3 times requiring evacuation of the building in the rain. Turns out the fire alarm was not operating correctly due to the rain! There was no discount for our inconvenience, no apology. The restaurant waitress was rude and slow. The only thing nice about the hotel was the beach.

4 Thank desertsue
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Do NOT let anything you value out of your sight!!! Me and my family were here for a wedding. Everything was going good until we realized we were missing a credit card and had been used at a few local stores. $600+. Not only that... cash had been stolen out of my Aunt's room.. A maid entered our room the day of my Aunt's wedding and when asked to leave 5+ times, she would not leave. Must have been a cover up while they STOLE out of our rooms. I would not recommend staying here unless you want your valuables STOLEN!!!! We had a good time other than this but definitely would not return.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank J S
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We were in a parlor room in a tower. The room itself was nicely updated. The a/c did not cool great and it appeared that there was no a/c in the hallways & elevators. The elevators were slow, but worked in our building (in other buildings they were out of order).

Because of some changes in plans I had to leave separately from the rest of my party so we needed 2 cars. I called (told them when I was checking in) and was told that it would be $20 per night, but it would not be a problem. When we arrived, the guard told me there was not parking for me to have the 2nd car & I'd have to park 6-8 blocks away in public parking. Luckily the young lady at check in took care of it (she was very nice). During the day I saw quite a few people clearly parked in the lot to use the beach so I'm very glad, as a paying guest, I was finally able to park on site.

The beach & cabanas are nice. I reserved cabana 179 the night before & received a confirmation. After walking to the end with a toddler, I found that 179 did not exist (highest was 176). Luckily a nice employee helped and got us another cabana.

The property was very spread out and facilities really seemed to show age.

There is also a big push for time share sales.

For the prices they charge and the conditions of the facilities, etc. we will stay elsewhere next trip.

3 Thank MAB927
Reviewed June 11, 2013

My wife and I just spent 3 nites. The resort far exceeded our expectations. Magnificent beach! Wonderful bars and restaurants. Staff was awesome--friendly and always on their A-game. My wife even left her expensive new bathing suit in a drawer after we checked out. We called after we got home, and they said they had it and were shipping it to us.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank 1after9oh9
Thank you for your review! We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us and happy you're bathing suit got back to you. Hope to see you again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near St. Pete Beach
#14 of 32 in St. Pete Beach
Guy Harvey Outpost, a TradeWinds Beach Resort
Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel & Conference Center
Beach House Suites by The Don CeSar

Been to TradeWinds Island Grand Resort? Share your experiences!