TradeWinds Island Grand Resort
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort(St. Pete Beach)
$152
Alden Suites(St. Pete Beach)
$209
Alden Suites
Inn on the Beach(St. Pete Beach)
$245
Plaza Beach Hotel - Beachfront Resort(St. Pete Beach)
$173
Coconut Inn(St. Pete Beach)
$180
St Pete Beach Suites(St. Pete Beach)
$159
Kimpton Hotel Zamora(St. Pete Beach)
$319
$254
  • Pool
$349
$309
Blind Pass Resort-Motel(St. Pete Beach)
$89
$86
Travelocity
The Don CeSar(St. Pete Beach)
$414
Hotelpower.com
  • Pool
5,732 results
All reviewspaddle boatsflying bridgejacaranda buildingbeefpizza hutpirate showthe palm courtgiant slidebeach slidetrade windsadult poolkids clubkids activitiesfront rowmini golfbedroom suitefamily vacation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 10, 2013

My daughter and I spent 6 nights here in late May. It was by far, the best vacation we have had.
The hotel was great, the service was excellent. There were many options as far as food also.
It was great having the choice of all of the different pools and places to just hang out and relax.
The room was great, with a Gulf view and very clean. The only thing I wished we had was a gulf front balcony. Next time I will remember that. The beach was beautiful and well maintained. The gym was good too.
Can't wait to go back!!!!

Room Tip: Get the Gulf View room with a balcony
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Katie M, Manager at TradeWinds Island Grand Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Just spent 1 week at Tradewinds and absolutely loved it! It was everything the reviews said it was...we never left the resort! Between the gorgeous Gulf beach and the amazing pools, we had a blast! My son (11) and my mom (74) and myself (44) had such a relaxing time. We had a gulf front balcony suite and it was so comfortable and so clean! We shopped at Publix ( right down the street) for snacks and lunch/breakfast food. We ate dinners at the restaurants and even had the quick Pizza Hut one night, but we never felt rushed or stressed since we never had to leave....we took the shell island/dolphin boat tour one day and found sand dollars and tons of shells. There are also tons of shells right at St Pete Beach! The water was clear and warm and just perfect! The staff at Tradewinds were all so nice, especially Shelley at the coffee bar in the lobby and Ray outside on the beach! My mom used a beach wheelchair to get thru the sand, since she has trouble walking far on unsteady ground and it was a real lifesaver! It took so much stress away from her, knowing she could get out to the beach with us. When she wanted to relax inside, she could still sit on the balcony and watch us in the pool or in the gulf...it was a perfect trip! My son made tons of friends since there were a lot of kids there!
We will definitely be back!!

Room Tip: I agree with all the others...get the gulf front balcony suite!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Lisa, thank you for your wonderful review! Happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your week with us. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Just started this review thing. Stayed last year and was very pleased with the hotel, the food, and the staff. Close to everything you need. Reasonably priced. Will definitely stay again when I get to go back down

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 9, 2013

We loved our stay at the Tradewinds! The beach was beautiful and there were SO many things for the kids to do. In fact, we purchased the "family adventure pass" from the resort when we booked our room, and we didn't even have time to use the Konk club babysitting/activity credits because we were having too much fun on the beach and/or doing other things at the resort (adventure island, the bunjee jumping/trampoline, the slide on the beach, pool activities, and the list goes on and on...)

Everyone loved it, and we would definitely return. The tiki bar by the beach was lots of fun with great drinks and a fun ring toss game for kids and adults, and we really enjoyed the dolphin watching boat trip to shell island (definitely worth the money). The food was good (pricey, as mentioned on these boards), but there are lots of other options. That said, we only ever ate at the Flying Bridge twice (it was so nice to eat on the patio while the kids played in the hammocks). One night we ate (off-resort) at Crabby Bills, and it was the best crab I've ever had! The dive-in movie and pool activities were so much fun for the kids, and it was a wonderful family atmosphere. We only stayed three nights, but we could have easily spent 5 nights to a full week here. The only reason why I gave it four/five are the following:

1.) They were a bit pushy with the timeshare thing. We did the presentation and got the $100 resort credit, but they kept calling us.

2.) The rooms were recently renovated (we stayed in a tropical 1 bedroom suite), but there was some construction going on outside (which, I must say, we only heard on our final morning at 8:00 a.m....which is pretty good, all things considered). Also, one of the cabinets was broken in the kitchen.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Michele C
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Rooms were very clean there was this nice man his name was d duverlus and he was very helpful he helped me a lot. I will stay at this hotel again I ate at beef o Brady's very good food I would recommend that you eat their they had hammocks on the beach and the have fun things for kids to keep busy

• Stayed: June 2013