TradeWinds Island Grand Resort
The Don CeSar(St. Pete Beach)
$289
  • Pool
Alden Suites(St. Pete Beach)
$189
Alden Suites
Sirata Beach Resort(St. Pete Beach)
$166
$134
$173
$149
$127
St Pete Beach Suites(St. Pete Beach)
$159
$349
$258
Cancelon
5,781 results
All reviewspaddle boatsflying bridgejacaranda buildingbeefpizza hutpirate showthe palm courtgiant slidebeach slidetrade windsadult poolkids clubkids activitiesfront rowmini golfbedroom suitefamily vacation
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I would highly recommended this hotel to anyone with children! You do not have to leave the complex. It has everything you need 5 swimming pools, water slide on beach, small paddle boat area, games on beach, beautiful beach, and great restaurants! I met my two sisters ages 53 and 57 with my two children ages 10 and 12 and we brought our 84 year old mother and none of us were disappointed!
The only negative I would give is that next time, I would pay extra for a room right next to the beach as it is such a large complex, we had a far walk to the beach, which was hard for my mom. And I do not understand why the adult pool did not have a hot tub as all the other pools did?

Room Tip: Pay the extra money and get one near the beach! :)
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I returned from our CSIA conference Saturday. A complete success, and the Trade Winds had a great deal to do with it.

The service was excellent - I would like to point out Shelly, at Awakenings, as an example of what great customer service is all about! A nice way to start the day!

I have not traveled to the lower gulf of Florida but would certanly concider a vacation at your resort. The amenities were great, from resturants and bars to pools and the beach. As this ws a business trip, we did not have enough time to explore the area, however, lots of great comments from guests regarding things to do, places to see.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 6, 2013

What a wonderful way to be chill-lax after a stressful week, the room we had was a villa with a balcony on the ocean. The rooms were extremely clean and bright and cheerful, which put you in the mindset you are now on vacation. If we wanted to do work, we could as the hotel had a great size desk, and the wifi was fast, the LCD TV was huge and having one in the bedroom, and in the parlor was handy. The activities outside was as much or as little as you wanted to do. I sleep on the beach as it was breeze was warm and the sun felt wonderful on your skin. We than perk up and paddle around on the paddle boat track which I have not laugh so hard in a very long time. The local is great however if you want to go off property you really are in the heart of St Pete.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Katie M, Manager at TradeWinds Island Grand Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

So wonderful to hear that you enjoyed everything about your stay! From the rooms to the beach to the area, it looks like you had a relaxing stay. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed May 5, 2013

We just returned home from visiting Trade Winds St. Petersburg. This was our first time visiting the gulf coast & Trade Winds. We were very satisfied with our stay. The resort had a lot to offer for children & I was impressed that all of the activities were up & running the whole stay. My kids enjoyed the big slide, paddle boating, the bungee trampoline, pools, frog pond, mini golf and the beach. We ate at the Flying Bridge for lunch & Beef 'O' Brady's for dinner. Both offered a nice selection & while they were a few dollars more than leaving the property~it was convenient. We also ordered food from the waitress that served b the pool.
There was construction being done in our building. However, we felt they did a really nice job of not being disruptive to our stay. (Wich is the only reason I'm giving it a 4 star.)
It is best to use the on-line reserve my cabana, as they will have it ready for you when you arrive at the beach. The concierge was very helpful with suggestions & we purchased half day discounted tickets to Busch Gardens.
I believe we will be back! Loved the gulf coast AND felt we made a perfect choice with Trade Winds for our family vacation. We travelled with our 2 daughters, ages 6 & 10.

Room Tip: We had a garden view with partial ocean. My kids like watching the paddle boats from our balcony.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Trade Winds was a wonderful resort to stay at. There is so much to do all within the resort and surrounding areas, and the beach was beautiful. When I got breakfast in the morning at the shop in the lobby, Christina, Yolanda, and Nathan were so friendly and pleasant to talk to. They brightened my day! I would recommend this resort for people of all ages because there is something for everyone to do.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! Come visit us again soon.