6,021 results
All reviewspaddle boatsflying bridgejacaranda buildingbeefpizza hutpirate showthe palm courtgiant slidebeach slidethe trade windsadult poolkids activitieskids clubfront rowmini golfbedroom suitemain pool
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I stayed here for a business meeting, and was simply not impressed. While there is a nice beach which anyone can enjoy staying there or not, and some fun things for kids staying at the hotel after that it leaves much to be desired. The rooms are not really setup for someone there on business, and they are dated, esp the bathroom. The door to the room allows every bit of noise in the hallway to enter the room so forget trying to work, rest, or sleep in peace. The AC while easy to work and it actually did work well, was a bit noisy. Housekeeping lacks the ability to understand simple requests, so don't try. As for eating stay away from the restaurants, they are pathetic at best. I had the worse meal ever when I thought the hotel might have decent food. The only bonus is this is most likely the best hotel in that particular location, and if you walk off the property and across the street there are a number of places to eat that you will enjoy.

Room Tip: I always stay high floor and away from the elevator but in this case I doubt any room on any floor is better than the next. If someone is walking down the hallway talking you can hear every word.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank wkrupa7586
Reviewed March 23, 2013

this place is a wonderful resort in every way. it is kept super clean, the food at all the restaurants is fabulous especially the palm court. the service is outstanding, everyone is happy and pleasant and very very helpful. we had an oceanfront palor room which was great . the beds are so comfortable and linens are of very high quality. it is great for families with or without kids, they cater to your every need.-plenty activities for children-3-or 4 pools hot tub, plenty of water sports, volleyball,tennis , gym, salon and spa- this place is very charming- with little walkways and tiki bars, something for everyone! if you just want to stay at a resort and do not want to drive anywhere -this is the place for you! cabana service is also excellent and the beach was beautiful!! it was a great stay -wonderful resort !!! thank you janine and betsy

Room Tip: oceanfront palor room was great
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Katie M, Manager at TradeWinds Island Grand Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Thank you for the great review Janine! Happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope to see you back on the beach soon!

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Just got back from a week at Tradewinds. Family of 5 - 2 adults 3-kids ages 16,14 & 11. We got into Florida early in the morning. Not surprisingly our room wasn't ready. They did give us our wristbands and we were able to hang out at the beach in a cabana until our room was ready. The first time we went to check on our room they offered to upgrade us and I guess a room would have been ready but we declined. When we checked in (literally at 4 pm) we were pleasantly surprised to have got an upgrade (at N/C) anyways. Thank goodness we did. We originally had a one bedroom booked but honestly with older children the extra bedroom and ESPECIALLY the extra bathroom proved to be a welcome upgrade. The resort offered something for all of us to do. The kids were never bored. There were always lots of cabanas available - I wouldn't pay to "reserve" your cabana the nite before. Just get to the beach by noon and you will be fine. There were always lots of lounge chairs by our pool (the Jacarunda bldg) but it did look like things got a little busier at the pool by the Adventure centre. The rooms are NOT soundproof. If you sleep lightly - I would suggest earplugs. I could hear the people above me (we were on 4th floor) more than the people beside me. Earplugs fixed the problem. The music went a little louder and longer on Fri and Sat nite but the rest of the week things wrapped up by 11 pm. My only complaint would be food. Beef O'Brady's was o.k but everything was fried within an inch of its life. The steak house and Italian restaurant looked lovely but my kids would never appreciate the atmosphere or plate presentation and I didn't need to spend that kind of money on supper. Pizza Hut was great for one nite. We went to the steakhouse across the street. Pretty good meal - Crabby Bills down the street was o.k but really better for people that appreciate seafood. Skidders was crazy busy - thought food would be same but really just mediocre. So, just a little disappointed that there were not a lot of chain restaurants and the independents were not so great. Still, had a really great time. Staff were wonderful - VERY friendly and smiling all the time. Would definitely recommend this resort.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Shirley L
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I think that after paying what we paid we shouldn't have to pay a resort fee and then have to pay again in order to have a front row cabana, really? The cabana workers were great and I feel bad that they have the job of delivering the news to guests that to get a front row cabana you have to pay yet another fee. The resort was beautiful, the beaches awesome and staff GREAT! Just a bit pricey with the additional fees. Need more activities/attractions for 18-20 year olds.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Csimpson1985
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I've been to Tradewinds 3 seperate times overal several years and they never let me down. From the conference accomodations to the family activities, they've done a wonderful job at making sure you are satisfied. My daughter now begs to go with me! This last time I traveled alone but never felt like I was out of place or in unfriendly territory. The staff is very curtious and friendly making it even more welcoming! Deffinetly heading back for another stay!

Room Tip: Rooms with a gulf view are wonderful but not always as peaceful as any other. I still prefer guldview as I am from a rural area!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for being such a loyal guest! Hope to see you back on the beach soon.