Just got back from a week at Tradewinds. Family of 5 - 2 adults 3-kids ages 16,14 & 11. We got into Florida early in the morning. Not surprisingly our room wasn't ready. They did give us our wristbands and we were able to hang out at the beach in a cabana until our room was ready. The first time we went to check on our room they offered to upgrade us and I guess a room would have been ready but we declined. When we checked in (literally at 4 pm) we were pleasantly surprised to have got an upgrade (at N/C) anyways. Thank goodness we did. We originally had a one bedroom booked but honestly with older children the extra bedroom and ESPECIALLY the extra bathroom proved to be a welcome upgrade. The resort offered something for all of us to do. The kids were never bored. There were always lots of cabanas available - I wouldn't pay to "reserve" your cabana the nite before. Just get to the beach by noon and you will be fine. There were always lots of lounge chairs by our pool (the Jacarunda bldg) but it did look like things got a little busier at the pool by the Adventure centre. The rooms are NOT soundproof. If you sleep lightly - I would suggest earplugs. I could hear the people above me (we were on 4th floor) more than the people beside me. Earplugs fixed the problem. The music went a little louder and longer on Fri and Sat nite but the rest of the week things wrapped up by 11 pm. My only complaint would be food. Beef O'Brady's was o.k but everything was fried within an inch of its life. The steak house and Italian restaurant looked lovely but my kids would never appreciate the atmosphere or plate presentation and I didn't need to spend that kind of money on supper. Pizza Hut was great for one nite. We went to the steakhouse across the street. Pretty good meal - Crabby Bills down the street was o.k but really better for people that appreciate seafood. Skidders was crazy busy - thought food would be same but really just mediocre. So, just a little disappointed that there were not a lot of chain restaurants and the independents were not so great. Still, had a really great time. Staff were wonderful - VERY friendly and smiling all the time. Would definitely recommend this resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- TradeWinds Island Grand spans 20 lush, tropical acres and boasts a heritage of award-winning service and certification as a Florida Green Lodge. Overlooking the tranquil waters of the Gulf of Mexico, Island Grand is located on the white sand beaches of St. Pete Beach, consistently ranked one of America's Top Beaches by TripAdvisor. Discover 201 things to do with a variety of recreation activities including JetLev flight center, The Floating Water Park, children's programs, paddleboats, tennis, stand-up paddleboards, a three story tall inflatable waterslide and more. Island Grand offers multiple dining and entertainment venues along with sand-in-your-toes beach bars. Pamper yourself with a beachfront massage at Body Works Salon & Spa. Relax on a beach cabana or lounge next to one of 5 heated pools and 2 whirlpools. Our on-site resort transportation and car rental agency makes getting to Island Grand easy and stress free. It's not just a vacation. At TradeWinds, it's a totally immersive experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, Expedia and Jetsetter so you can book your TradeWinds Island Grand Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tradewinds Island Grand Beach Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Tradewinds Island Saint Pete Beach
- TradeWinds Island Grand Beach Resort St. Pete Beach, Florida