6,017 results
All reviewspaddle boatsflying bridgejacaranda buildingbeefpizza hutpirate showthe palm courtgiant slidebeach slidethe trade windsadult poolkids activitieskids clubfront rowmini golfbedroom suitemain pool
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Quite a few months ago, I was married to my lovely wife. We held the reception at the Tradewinds Island Grand and could have not asked for a more romantic, fun, and moving experience. Julie Manes, George Bentley, Jeff Fredrickson, the entire banquets staff....everyone down to the officer at the gate were instrumental in creating a perfect day for my wife and I. We were given the honeymoon sweet and housekeeping did a remarkable job. The room was spotless and we were treated like royalty. I will recommend the Tradewinds to family, friends, and anyone that is considering tying the knot anytime soon. Thank you so much! We will never forget all the effort that was put into our wedding and those that treated us like family.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Katie M, Manager at TradeWinds Island Grand Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Thank you for your review Justin! So happy to hear that you had a wonderful wedding here at TradeWinds. Thank you for choosing us to be a part of your special day!

Reviewed March 21, 2013

We passed through the Tradewinds 2 years ago and stay for a night and an afternoon. My kids had one of the best times there. I could tell from walking in that it was different from other places we had stayed.This year we were able to return and stay for a week. My children said that this year WAS the best vacation ever. There is a lot of things about the Tradewinds that will keep us going back. The friendliness that every one of the staff displays is commendable. Activities that keep the kids busy all day from sun up to sun down( and some nights past that). I never once during our vacation heard " I AM BORED". We will be returning in the future.

Room Tip: Rooms by beach are quieter. Rooms by the pools are good for groups. Make sure you get a room that fits your size.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank 152GeoM

Thank you for your review! Happy to hear that you and your kids fully enjoyed your stay with us and all of the activities we have to offer.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Very family oriented resort. Nice shops, activities, rooms, etc.
DON't use Resort Transportation Services. Called for ride of 10 to dinner. Admittedly group running a little late. Very, very rude manager /dispatcher. Arguments over costs upon return. Would not recommend.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Golffer2011
Reviewed March 20, 2013

My family and I checked in on a Friday evening. I was impressed with the property and all of the inclusions of the stay 'n' play package. I was however not impressed with the location of my room that I had booked 2 months prior, but was told there weren't any other options, not even an upgrade I could pay for. I worked at an upscale hotel property here in Florida for a few years and was actually shocked at the lack of friendliness. At check-in I didn't see Suzie smile one time nor did she make me feel welcome. She was just all about business. The man who checked me out also never even asked or seemed to care if I enjoyed my stay. he just asked if my charges were correct. Around the property, we noticed some staff didn't even speak when we said hello to them. A few positives were that all the bartenders at Salty's were absolutely over-the-top fabulous in their service skills and Adrienne even said hello every time we walked by whether we were getting a drink or not. Audra at the Palm Grille was very friendly also. We will not stay at this resort again, as the service did not live up to the places we have traveled in the past. I will however stay on the same beach at a different resort and walk down to Salty's for a drink. My husband suggested that maybe they aren't used to seeing diversity as he noticed we were the only "diverse" people visiting the property for the whole 4 day weekend. On the plus side , the property is loaded with an unbeliveable amount of kids activities.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 20, 2013

This was our first time to Tradewinds and Saint Pete's. We had a great time even on the tail end of Hurricane Sandy! Staff were great and the room was amazing! What a view! Drove up to Disney for Halloween night. Quick and easy drive. We will be back. Thank you Tradewinds.

Room Tip: They offer upgrades at check in for reasonable prices. Upgrade to ocean view, one bedroom suite well worth it. The view is absolutely amazing.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family