“Almost great”

TradeWinds Island Grand Resort
Ranked #10 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Very family oriented resort. Nice shops, activities, rooms, etc.
DON't use Resort Transportation Services. Called for ride of 10 to dinner. Admittedly group running a little late. Very, very rude manager /dispatcher. Arguments over costs upon return. Would not recommend.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Golffer2011
Write a ReviewReviews (5,537)

Reviewed March 20, 2013

My family and I checked in on a Friday evening. I was impressed with the property and all of the inclusions of the stay 'n' play package. I was however not impressed with the location of my room that I had booked 2 months prior, but was told there weren't any other options, not even an upgrade I could pay for. I worked at an upscale hotel property here in Florida for a few years and was actually shocked at the lack of friendliness. At check-in I didn't see Suzie smile one time nor did she make me feel welcome. She was just all about business. The man who checked me out also never even asked or seemed to care if I enjoyed my stay. he just asked if my charges were correct. Around the property, we noticed some staff didn't even speak when we said hello to them. A few positives were that all the bartenders at Salty's were absolutely over-the-top fabulous in their service skills and Adrienne even said hello every time we walked by whether we were getting a drink or not. Audra at the Palm Grille was very friendly also. We will not stay at this resort again, as the service did not live up to the places we have traveled in the past. I will however stay on the same beach at a different resort and walk down to Salty's for a drink. My husband suggested that maybe they aren't used to seeing diversity as he noticed we were the only "diverse" people visiting the property for the whole 4 day weekend. On the plus side , the property is loaded with an unbeliveable amount of kids activities.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

This was our first time to Tradewinds and Saint Pete's. We had a great time even on the tail end of Hurricane Sandy! Staff were great and the room was amazing! What a view! Drove up to Disney for Halloween night. Quick and easy drive. We will be back. Thank you Tradewinds.

Room Tip: They offer upgrades at check in for reasonable prices. Upgrade to ocean view, one bedroom suite wel...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Jennifer779
Reviewed March 18, 2013

This is our third time staying here and it is consistent. Fantastic!
The staff is cheerful, friendly and attentive to your every need. They define customer service.
Upon our arrival they made it a point to not just welcome us but to welcome us back "again". If your looking for a family friendly or a simple adult getaway, you can't beat everything this resort has to offer.

Room Tip: Grab a Gulf view room. The sunsets on the Gulf of Mexico are fantastic.
3  Thank rbitner2016
Katie M, Manager at TradeWinds Island Grand Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful review! We're happy to hear that you continually enjoy your stay with us. See you next time!

Reviewed March 18, 2013

This is our second time at Tradewinds and once again it was great. They never disappoint. 2 adults and a 12-year old had a great time. Judy at Beef OBradys, Kevin, Jenna , and Nash at the Flying bridge are great. Try the Bacardi Limoncello Mojito.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Sparkybeantown
Reviewed March 18, 2013

The girls at the tiki bar were fantastic!!! Ban... Jen... And Adrienne!! It's just been a great time for my first trip! The rooms are beautiful and the food is great!!! Can't wait for karaoke tonight:)

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank MissMissy22
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Our experience at the Trade Winds was excellent! We celebrated my sons 7th Birthday there on March 14th! Meg at the Adventure Center was very friendly and very accomodating to our family and everyone in our party:) I just want to make sure your management knows how lucky you are to have her on your staff! She helped the Birthday party go very smooth! I hope to always see her there when we visit the Trade Winds again! The barthenders at Saltys were very friendly as well. The night crew! One of them even gave me his jacket to wear because it was such a cold night! The only complaint I have is I wish you gave two parking passes out! I came early in the day my husband worked and came later that night! They were going to charge $20 per day but luckily the guy at the gate gave him a pass. Other than that our trip was great! We would love to come back out in the summer when it is warmer out!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Cindy, thank you for choosing TradeWinds to be a part of your son's birthday celebration! Happy to hear that the birthday party was a hit. And yes, Meg is a great asset to our team! Hope to see you back on the beach soon.