“Excellent”

TradeWinds Island Grand Resort
Ranked #10 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I attended this hotel with my kids and husband, who was here for a convention. Out room was fantastic and fully equipped. It was super clean and we had a great view. There is a ton of stuff to do at the hotel, so the kids were occupied all the time. I wish they had a few more activities at night (which I understand they do at different times of the year). The staff were super friendly and responsive to our needs. It is also centrally located so you can walk to a lot of places outside of the hotel. We ate at two of the restaurants at the hotel. Food was great and not super expensive.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank kk1249
Write a ReviewReviews (5,537)

Reviewed February 16, 2013

I recently attended a convention at this resort. The staff was very friendly and the entire resort was well kept. The rooms are very clean. I stayed in a gulf front room. Well worth the additional cost with the large balcony. The food was good with the seafood being very fresh. There is lots of bars and different places to eat. The beach was very nice and plenty of beach chairs. The 5 pools around the resort was also nice. I traveled for business but this would be a great place to spend a week as a family. Overall I would say its a great value when compared to most beachfront resorts.

Room Tip: Request Gulf Front
1  Thank pw2000
Katie M, Manager at TradeWinds Island Grand Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope next time you bring your family along for the fun!

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Our family checked in on a Friday and stayed four days. Although the weather was chilly the stay was great. Plenty of things to do and a great place to stay. Our room was sufficient with a larger fridge microwave and dishes and silverware. The kitchen even came equipped with a corkscrew. The gulf view was spectacular at sunset. I strongly recommend getting the room with the view. There are a several excellent places to eat on site but there are several highly rated restaurants within walking distance. There are towels at the pool many hammocks and chaise lounges throughout the property. I would highly recommend the island resort for families.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank anthwill

Thank you for your review, we're glad to here you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope to see you back on the beach sometime soon!

Reviewed February 16, 2013

I spent a few days here at a business event. It was a disaster. There were bad smells in several rooms and corridors. The smells changed every day and were extremely unpleasant. many of the staff were dressed in slightly dirty uniforms and had long unkempt hair.

The decor is very tired.

The reviews on Tripadvisor are usually pretty reliable but not in this case. After reading the other reviews I had to check that the address of the resort I stayed at was the same as the one here - maybe there are two Trade Wind resorts in St Pete. Unfortunately this is not the case.

My TV didnt work.

My room was just about OK but the carpet had some strange areas of hardness that I chose not to investigate.

Avoid this place.

4  Thank stephen r
JustLetGo8, Guest Relations Manager at TradeWinds Island Grand Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

As Director of Guest Satisfaction I am very concerned about the experience you had while here at The TradeWinds Island Grand Resort. I have attempted to contact you by message through TripAdvisor in hopes that you would provide further details so that I could follow through with our managers on each of your concerns. Fortunately, we have had several groups with us this January and February, of which all preliminary in-house group meeting surveys have been documented as excellent. Please accept my apology for the extreme unpleasant smells as we continue to monitor our meeting rooms and hallways to identify what that may have been.
Regarding the décor, which I interpret as guest rooms, we’ve recently completed a $20 million renovation of all guest rooms at the Island Grand. Even though it is a darker, softer wood it does tend to show nicks more easily, but they are corrected periodically. Regarding the concerns of the tv, we may have been doing some internal testing which temporarily interrupted service. A simple call and we would have been able to inform you of the situation or have an guest rooms engineer complete an inspection of the tv to make sure that it was working properly.
TradeWinds has made a commitment to ensure our guest satisfaction and we take each and every concern seriously. We have placed literature of our commitment in the registration packet, the guest room and my desk is actually in the main lobby for access to be as convenient as possible for all our guest.

Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Stayed recently Felt like I was on one of the resort in Caribbean or Mexico.
All the amenities were great. Hammocks on the beach made us feel like we were on some islands. Cabanas as the beach side were available for rent ( we got it for free) lots of choices of restaurant on resort.
Would like to come back again with kids.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Please be advised that THERE IS A $35 DOLLAR A DAY AMENDITY CHARGE. I booked online through their website. I just think instead of charging $200 for a room, make it $235. It just seemed sneaky to me.
Restaurants are ok. Nice beach area.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank cakimOhio
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Great property with a great "relaxed" feel. Staff was awesome and we went to almost every restaurant and bar they have. Try the blackened grouper sandwich at Flying Bridge! The beach is awesome...and my room was literally right on the beach! If you're looking for a fancy property, this isn't it, but great service and brand new rooms!

Room Tip: The suites are great...upgrade!
2  Thank JohnG36