We visited the Tradewinds for about the 5th time on 26 December 2012 for a stay of 16 days. As always this hotel worked very well for us - we have a 9 year old and an 11 year old and went pool/ocean facing suite in the Hibiscus building. Rooms have been renovated since our last visit and whilst its not a major face lift it does make a diffence. Room seemed more modern / contemporary and cleaner. WE don't tend to eat in the hotel (except for the occasional lunch) as we prefer visiting local restaurants, bars and eateries of which there are many within walking and/or driving distance. The slide on the beach is as always a huge hit with the kids as are the activities around the pool during the day. Kids club in the evening was a success also even tough it was fairly quiet most evenings. This gave us a much appreciated few hours to dine alone. Staff are excellent throughout the hotel from the lady cleaning the room, to the staff at the Starbucks coffee shop in reception to any passing staff - all very pleasant and polite.
The beach here is just amazing - clean, and beautiful. Gym facilities and beauty salon facilities are good, ice cream shop and pizza shop for kids. Wifi throughout the resort is a bonus - all in all another success story. Hope to be back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- TradeWinds Island Grand spans 20 lush, tropical acres and boasts a heritage of award-winning service and certification as a Florida Green Lodge. Overlooking the tranquil waters of the Gulf of Mexico, Island Grand is located on the white sand beaches of St. Pete Beach, consistently ranked one of America's Top Beaches by TripAdvisor. Discover 201 things to do with a variety of recreation activities including JetLev flight center, The Floating Water Park, children's programs, paddleboats, tennis, stand-up paddleboards, a three story tall inflatable waterslide and more. Island Grand offers multiple dining and entertainment venues along with sand-in-your-toes beach bars. Pamper yourself with a beachfront massage at Body Works Salon & Spa. Relax on a beach cabana or lounge next to one of 5 heated pools and 2 whirlpools. Our on-site resort transportation and car rental agency makes getting to Island Grand easy and stress free. It's not just a vacation. At TradeWinds, it's a totally immersive experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your TradeWinds Island Grand Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tradewinds Island Grand Beach Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Tradewinds Island Saint Pete Beach
- TradeWinds Island Grand Resort St. Pete Beach, Florida