1) NOISE: It was too loud. I don’t mean sound coming from hotel patrons, but that the hotel itself was putting on a rave party outside with a large outdoor stereo system (DJ) and microphones, ostensibly to sell alcohol, without any consideration for hotel residents who may want peace and quiet. We had no idea this was going to happen and there was absolutely no way to escape it. I would expect hotwire and the hotel to notify people ahead of time to provide fair warning before committing to this ‘four star’ resort. If you want peace and quiet, the Tradewinds is not for you.
2) RUDE STAFF: Not all of the staff were rude, however, when we called the front desk about the music volume, a very robotic and clearly uncaring woman took the call and told us that the noise would soon stop. It did not.
3) LACK OF CARE FOR COMFORT OF GUESTS: Overall, we do not think the hotel cares for the comfort of their guests. Clearly they did not initially take our complaint seriously. We had to go to the front desk, with bags in hand, and demand a refund at approximately 9pm before they would take us seriously. Then, they could only move us to a different hotel, under the same ownership – down the street. It was a tremendous inconvenience, but at least we were away from the rave party that is Tradewinds.
4) HOTWIRE: We used Hotwire to book this trip. It seems they are a big disadvantage for places like this since we could not get completely away from Tradewinds (Hotwire has a no refund policy), but we were extremely lucky that they had another hotel of similar quality nearby. We will think long and hard before using hotwire again. The resort charges ridiculous amenity fees upfront which seems very dishonest to me. Is this how the hotel gets back the hotwire discount? If so, why partner with hotwire at all?
1) After our move across the street, it was a quiet environment and we slept fine.
2) The room was clean – both locations
3) The common areas are very nice at both locations. Their garden paths, pools, etc are all very nice.
4) The staff at the sister location (the Guy Harvey Outpost) was altogether on par. The coffee bar the next morning at the GHO was very good and they provided great customer service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- TradeWinds Island Grand spans 20 lush, tropical acres and boasts a heritage of award-winning service and certification as a Florida Green Lodge. Overlooking the tranquil waters of the Gulf of Mexico, Island Grand is located on the white sand beaches of St. Pete Beach, consistently ranked one of America's Top Beaches by TripAdvisor. Discover 201 things to do with a variety of recreation activities including JetLev flight center, The Floating Water Park, children's programs, paddleboats, tennis, stand-up paddleboards, a three story tall inflatable waterslide and more. Island Grand offers multiple dining and entertainment venues along with sand-in-your-toes beach bars. Pamper yourself with a beachfront massage at Body Works Salon & Spa. Relax on a beach cabana or lounge next to one of 5 heated pools and 2 whirlpools. Our on-site resort transportation and car rental agency makes getting to Island Grand easy and stress free. It's not just a vacation. At TradeWinds, it's a totally immersive experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, TravelUp, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your TradeWinds Island Grand Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tradewinds Island Grand Beach Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Tradewinds Island Saint Pete Beach
- TradeWinds Island Grand Resort St. Pete Beach, Florida